Never Again (VIII)

3 days before the wedding — Everyone was busy for the big day, Sandro insisted that Tricia must take a rest for a while as he knew what she's been going through for the past few days. He was saddened by the news also but he needed to be strong for Trish, he needed her.

Meanwhile, Leni has been very busy with her work after she separated with Bongbong for the second time. She was also very hands on with the wedding preparations, she kept herself occupied to avoid the pain brought by her failed marriage. Unlike what happened 14 years ago (first separation) where she suffered so much agony and couldn't function well, now she made sure that she will not be same anymore when it comes to coping.

"Mare, pahinga ka naman." Risa suggested to Leni.

"Oo nga Lens, you must take a rest." Grace agreed.

"Napapabayaan mo na sarili mo," Nancy noticed. "Pag ikaw pumayat, baka di magkasya yung gown na isusuot mo." She joked. They all laughed.

"Ano ba kayo, I'm okay. Don't worry about me. Gusto ko lang talagang ma-oversee lahat tungkol dito sa kasal. I wanted to give Trish her dream wedding." Leni answered.

"How's Patty by the way?" Grace asked.

Leni sighed, "She's not okay. Hanggang ngayon very emotional pa rin, kaya nga ako na nag take over dito sa wedding preparations."

"How about you? How are you?" Grace asked again.

Leni tried to smile, "I'm, I'm good. I'm fine."

"Are you sure?" Risa asked again, she's quite not convinced.

"Oo naman, ano ba kayo." Leni forced a laugh but the ladies just looked at her.

"You know you can tell us anything." Nancy said.

"I'm okay." Leni reiterated.

They just looked at her, they knew that Leni was feeling the opposite.

Leni looked back at them, she knew that she's in her safe space, "I'm not okay." She confessed and started to cry.

Grace, Risa and Nancy quickly stood up and hugged Leni. "I'm not okay." Leni whispered.

"Alam namin." Grace replied. They gave Leni the time to cry, they knew that she needed it.

"Ang sakit sakit." Leni said with so much pain. "I thought it would be easy for me to move on and let him go, akala ko lang pala."

"Hindi naman talaga madali mare lalo na kung mahal mo yung tao eh." Nancy enlightened her.

"Yun na nga eh, lalong masakit kasi mahal ko sya, mahal na mahal ko sya." Leni cried harder. "Why do I have to experience this again? I thought we were okay, I thought he's changed. Pero bakit paulit-ulit nya pa rin akong sinasaktan? Niloloko? Am I not enough?"

"You're enough, Leni." Grace assured her.

—-

Bongbong called the gentlemen, he invited them for some drinks. He said he wanted some company. Win, Migz and Neil quickly agreed, they knew that their friend needed them.

"How are you pare?" Neil asked.

Bongbong just looked a far, "Trying to feel better."

Migz patted Bongbong's shoulder, "We're here for you pare, alam mo yan."

"Oo nga." Win agreed. "Ano ba kasing nangyari? We thought you and Leni are okay already?"

Bongbong sighed, playing with the glass of brandy in his hands, "She thought I am cheating on her again. She saw me with Liza the other day."