Duties

A/N: Happy new year 🎊🎈🎆

---

"Hello Mahal? May meeting ako mamayang gabi sa Casa Armas." Leni called her husband,Bongbong.

"Bakit sa Casa Armas? Tsaka bakit mamayang gabi?"

"Eh birthday ni Cong. Fernando. Bicol block meeting yun mahal. Kami lang mga rep. From Bicol."

"Oo nga Mahal pero paano si Jill? Anong oras ka uuwi? Baka late na din akong makauwi kasi may Senate Hearing."

"Uuwi pa naman ako Mahal after ko dito sa Congress. Tapos papatulugin ko muna si Jill bago ako umalis."

*Silence*

"Mahal? Are you still there? Promise papatulugin ko muna si Jill."

"Bakit kasi gabi naman yang meeting na yan?! Paano kapag nagising si Jill,sigurado hahanapin ka nun... Basta hanggang 10:30 ka lang."

"Mahal,akong bahala kay Jill. Bawal akong wala dun kasi meeting yun. Uuwi naman ako kaagad. Thank you Mahal. I love you."

Bongbong found it difficult every time Leni has evening schedules as their 5 year old daughter,Jillian used to be on her mom's side especially when sleeping. Jillian couldn't sleep whenever her mom was not around,they sleep with their hands intertwined. And every time their daughter found out that her mom wasn't home yet,she'll probably cry and cry until she sleeps.

Leni went home straight after Congress and do her mommy duties to her daughter. She made sure that she help Jill with her assignments and trained her how to read a bit faster. After dinner,Leni assisted her daughter to get ready for bed,she read some bedtime stories in order for Jill to sleep. 8:30pm when Leni was able to leave the house for her meeting.

It's already 9:00pm when Bongbong arrived from the Senate. He immediately looked after her daughter as he knew that his wife wasn't around. He waited for Leni until 10:30pm but still she didn't came home,he started calling her but she didn't answer. Suddenly,Jillian stirred a bit and sleepily hugged her mom as she always do but then she realized that her mom wasn't on her side,she started to cry. Bongbong ran inside the room to check his daughter only to see her drenched cheeks while screaming her mama's name.

"Baby,stop crying na. Mama is on her way home,she called papa a while ago and she said she's coming home. Stop crying na. Papa is here." Bongbong trying to calm his daughter.

"Where's Mama? She's here before I slept. I want Mama." Jillian cried.

"Yes baby,Mama was here earlier but she has to go to somewhere. She's coming home na kaya stop crying na." Bongbong answered,drying his daughter's cheeks. Jillian cried and cried for 30 minutes before she fell asleep bringing relief to Bongbong.

It's already 11:52 when Leni arrived from Casa Armas and was greeted by Bongbong's cold face.
"Bakit ngayon ka lang?" He asked.

"I'm sorry Mahal." She uttered softly. Bongbong didn't bother to answer her and just leave her behind,he entered their room. "Mahal,sorry na. Late na kasi nagstart yung meeting. Nalate yung iba. Sorry na." She explained as she followed him inside.

"Leni alam mo bang umiyak nang umiyak ang anak mo ng kalahating oras kakahanap sa'yo?! Ni magreply hindi mo magawa. Diba sabi ko hanggang 10:30 ka lang,tingnan mo nga kung anong oras ka umuwi. Mag-uumaga na!" He scolded her.

She bowed her head. "I'm sorry Mahal."

He sighed and lie down the bed. She immediately lie beside him and hugged him. "Mahal,sorry na."

"Leni let's talk about this tomorrow. Pagod ako." He replied coldly and sleep. She sighed and didn't bother him.

---

Bongbong woke up the next morning realizing that he's alone in bed. He immediately looked for his wife outside only to witness that she's about to finish preparing breakfast.

"Good morning Mahal! Upo kana,gisingin ko lang si Jill." She greeted. He didn't utter any word as he was still a bit mad. He sat down and waited for Jillian.

They were quietly eating breakfast together. He refused to look or talk to her making her more guilty and lose her guts to talk to him. "Mama,where did you go last night?" Jillian suddenly asked.

"Uhm. I'm sorry about last night baby. Mama has an important meeting to attend to. Did you cry last night?" Leni replied.

Jillian nodded. "But papa was here. He told me that you're coming home,he waited for you."

Leni looked at Bongbong but he pretended that he didn't hear anything. She looked at Jillian again, "I'm sorry,baby." She uttered and kissed Jill's temple. He looked at her and she looked back at him, "I'm sorry." She uttered. Bongbong knew her last 'sorry' was for him but he refused to respond and just continued to eat.

He was standing in front of the mirror for almost 15 minutes figuring out how to perfectly fixed his necktie 👔. She noticed that he kept on repeating and untying his tie so she quietly held his arms and turned him to her. She knew he can't to do it as she's tying it every morning.

"Kaya ko na." He uttered coldly.

"Ako na." She insisted and do his necktie 👔 .

Her hands traveled to his back after fixing his tie as she hugged him tight. "I'm sorry Mahal."

He clicks his tongue. "Leni,malalate ako." And tried to withdraw from her hug which he didn't reciprocate.

"Hindi kita papakawalan hanggat hindi tayo nagbabati." She stated. "Sorry na. Bati na tayo Mr. Senator. Please." And looked at him with her soft stare.

He looked away trying not to fall for her charms as he knew he can't say no to her. "Malalate na nga ako." He uttered but less colder this time.

She can feel that his anger slowly fading away with the tone of his voice so she hugged him tighter. "Bati na tayo,please. I love you."

He sighed. "Sige na. Bati na tayo."

She looked up to him,smiling. "Really?"

He smiled and nodded. "Opo!"

She smiled widely. "Thank you Mahal. I love you." And hugged him tight.

He hugged her back and kissed her temple. "I love you too Mahal."

❤️💛