Comeback, be here

A/N: Fun fact: I have a BONGLENI fanfic idea since 2018. Myghad! It was actually kept on my drafts like ready to publish it nalang. Yun lang.

---

"How's your date?" Leni asked through the phone call while she's busy with her laptop.

"Hmm okay naman, I guess." Bongbong sighed from the other line.

She chuckled, "Bakit parang hindi yata ako kumbinsido?"

"I don't know, Len. Maybe going back to the dating world isn't for me." He concluded.

She sighed, "Hay naku! Wag kang mag-isip ng ganyan just because hindi mo nagustuhan yung ka blind date mo. If your date doesn't turned out well ngayon, edi hanap tayo ulit ng iba. Ako bahala sa'yo!"

"Maybe I should stop looking." He said, disappointed.

"Ha? Why naman? Sayang naman, Bong. Saka mas maganda kung may first lady ang probinsya." She encouraged him once more.

You'll always be Ilocos Norte's first lady, Leni. He thought.

"Let's not talk about that." He changed the topic. "How's Pen?"

"She's okay naman. Nasa duty ngayon kaya mag-isa lang ako tonight. Bukas susunduin ko before lunch tapos maglulunch kami sa labas." She shared.

"Oh! Maybe I can join you tomorrow. Nasa manila ako by tomorrow morning eh. I'll be the resource speaker sa isang forum bukas dyan sa QC. Let's surprise Pen." He beamed.

Leni liked the idea, "Sige, mukhang maganda yan. Dito ka na ba tutuloy pagkadating mo or may hotel—"

"I'll go there sa condo pagkadating ko bukas. Please make breakfast for me." He requested with his pa-cute voice.

She chuckled, "Sige na po. Ako na bahala sa breakfast mo, Gov.!"

He laughed, "Sige na, sige na. Bye na. I'll review my speech pa for tomorrow."

"Okay sige. Bye. I'll see you tomorrow." She smiled.

Call ended.

Bongbong and Leni were still the best of friends even after they got annulled 15 years ago. They agreed to bring back their friendship mainly for their daughter's sake, Pen who's currently taking her clerkship. They wanted to give Pen the best version of themselves as parents. They supported everything that she does as she grew up, always present in all her events amidst their busy schedule— Bongbong as the incumbent Governor of Ilocos Norte and Leni, as a Presiding Judge. Besides, they are in the same circle of friends so it would be safe to just be friends.

In the 15 years of being annulled, they got comfortable with each other. They developed a healthy communication where they get to talk and consult each other especially when they're about to make a big decision whether in their respective career or personal life.

The next day, Leni woke up earlier than usual to prepare breakfast for Bongbong. She wanted it done before he came so that he will no longer wait that much. Suddenly, someone rang the doorbell. She instantly went to open it. It was Bongbong.

"Hi!" He smiled and kissed her cheek.

"How's your flight?" She asked, allowing him to enter her condo.

"Okay naman. Mabuti nalang wala masyadong traffic kaya mabilis akong nakadating dito from the airport." He answered removing his jacket placing it on the sofa. Leni assisted him in settling his luggage.

"Mabuti naman. I was about to call you sana eh." She said slowly walking back to the kitchen.

"What's for breakfast?" He asked following her.