Never Again

A/N: Hi! Just published Not So Usual a Dubredo Fanfic. Thank you for the support. Love y'all 💛

—-

Tricia with her perfect score test paper, ran towards the entrance of their house. She knew that her Mom and Dad would be very proud of her because of her achievement. But her excitement instantly vanished the moment she witnessed her parents arguing.

"Bong, tell me, may relasyon ba kayo ng babaeng yun?!" Leni yelled.

"Mahal it's—"

"Just yes or no!" She cut him off.

He was caught off guard. He just bowed his head in guilt. Leni cried knowing that his answer was yes, "How could you do this to me?!" She started to slapped his chest repeatedly.

"Mahal," He held her hands stopping her from hurting him. She stopped and cried harder. He hugged her so tight aiming to ease the agony she felt because of him, "I'm sorry, my love." He whispered.

"I hate you." She whispered.

—-

14 years later — It's their 2nd anniversary as a couple so he decided to take her out on a dinner date after her duty. He looked at her with love and gratefulness, "You know I love you."

She smiled and held his hand, "And I love you too."

He let go of her hand and took something from his pocket— a red small box. He smiled at her and kneeled. "Babe,"

She covered her mouth with her hands as she was flabbergasted, "Oh my gosh!"

She exhaled earning his courage, "Babe, it's been two years since you agreed to be my girlfriend and I can't thank you enough for that. But now, I think it's time to take our relationship to the next level... Babe, will you marry me?"

She removed her eyeglasses as she started to cry out of happiness, "Babe..." and she hugged him tight.

"Babe?" He whispered.

"Hmm?"

"I'm asking you to be my wife."

"Okay."

He broke from the hug and looked at her, surprised, "Okay? What do you mean 'okay'?"

She giggled, "Okay! Yes! I'm gonna marry you!"

"Yes!" He cheered and eagerly placed the diamond ring on her finger. He hugged her tight, "I love you so much, Tricia."

She closed her eyes, "I love you too, Sandro."

—-

"Ma! Ma, we're home!" Tricia excitedly called her mom the moment they arrived.

Leni emerged from the kitchen as she was preparing for dinner, "Hi!You just came in time for dinner." She kissed Tricia and Sandro on their cheeks.

"Ma, we have some good news for you." Tricia smiled widely.

"Okay? What is it?" Leni asked.

Tricia showed her hand to her mom with the engagement ring on, "I'm getting married!" She cheered.

Leni was shock, "Oh my god! Anak! Congratulations!" She hugged them both. "I'm so happy for the both of you."

The three of them started to eat, they were all hyped in discussing some of the details of the wedding. "Tita, we're planning to get married this December na po, perhaps after Christmas po." Sandro shared.

"Oh, that's a good plan. Para naman makauwi yung mga relatives nyo pareho na galing states diba, Christmas celebration na din deritso." Leni shared happily. Sandro nodded.

"Um, mama... Speaking of makauwi..." Tricia started. "Si Papa nga pala, he's coming home too." Tricia informed making Leni turned quiet.

"Ma? Okay lang naman na umattend si Papa diba?" Tricia asked.

"Hm? Yeah, yes.. yes anak! Of course. It's your wedding, choice nyo naman kung sino gusto nyong iinvite." Leni stammered.

"Thank you mama." Tricia smiled appreciating her Mom's maturity. "He's coming home this Saturday." She followed.

"This Saturday?!" Leni almost exclaimed.

"Yes po ma, sabi nya. And he's gonna stay na daw po until the wedding." Tricia said.

"Until the wedding?!" Leni almost exclaimed. Tricia and Sandro nodded. They knew this would be Leni's reaction.

"Bakit naman agad-agad uuwi yang Tatay mo? Saka bakit ang tagal nya dito sa Pilipinas?" Leni asked.

"Eh mama, he wanted to help daw po in preparation. Gusto nya daw po bumawi bago man lang ako ikasal." Tricia answered.

"Sus! Dapat sinabi mo we can prepare the whole wedding without his help." Leni rolled her eyes.

"Ma naman," Tricia uttered trying to calm her Mom. Leni just rolled her eyes again.

"Besides, he misses you na daw." Tricia teased her Mom.

"That's right, tita." Sandro seconded.

"Uy kayo ha, tigilan nyo ko!" Leni threatened them. Tricia and Sandro laughed.

"Ayieee! Si Mama namimiss na ni Papa. He wanted to see you na daw as soon as possible, para he can spend more time with you daw." Tricia teased her Mom even more.

"Tigilan mo ko, Janine Patricia! Di nakakatawa!" Leni said seriously, she's already pissed.

Tricia put her hands up as she surrendered, "Okay, okay, shut up na ako!" She tried to suppress her laugh.

They continued to eat, Leni changed the topic and brought it back to the details of her daughter's upcoming wedding. She was still uncertain what would it be like if she saw him again after fourteen years. She's happy that her daughter will finally gonna get married but she's also anxious because of the fact that he's coming back to the Philippines again. She knew it would be a riot to have him back again in the country but she's willing to extend her patience for her daughter and the wedding.

—-

Bongbong and Leni decided to separate ways as husband and wife after she knew that he was having an affair with some woman named Liza. Tricia was only ten years old back then and she was greatly affected by the sudden change in their family.

Bongbong gave Leni what she wanted and decided to leave their house and the country. He went to London for good and managed the expansion of their company after his Mom died, leaving Tricia with Leni. While he was away, he still tried to be a father to Trish by communicating with her through social media and phone calls. He was still updated with what's happening to his daughter.

Meanwhile, Leni pursued her career and continued working in an NGO aiming to provide free legal services in the communities. But when Trish decided to entered medical school, Leni knew she cannot afford to send her daughter there so she applied for promotion—Regional Trial Court Judge where she was successfully promoted.

It has been fourteen years since Leni and Bongbong saw each other. She came to realize that it's finally over for them although they're not yet annulled. He badly wanted to be with her again and fix everything but he knew that she didn't want to try so he just let her be and just let the time flew hoping it'll heal her broken heart.

💛❤️