Comeback, be here (5)

Exactly two months later after Bongbong was re-elected as Ilocos Norte's Governor, their lives were finally back on their usual routine. Leni and Pen were back in Quezon City for their respective work and school while Bongbong stayed in Ilocos.

Bongbong barely see his daughter and ex-wife ever since he took oath. He was so busy with his work that he hasn't been in QC for two months already. He also never got the chance to converse with Leni just like they used to do when they're not together.

"Lolo Bonget!" Mia, the daughter of Micheal squealed as she ran towards her lolo.

"Oh hi!" Bongbong immediately crouched to carry Mia. "Why are here?" He kissed her cheek.

"She wanted to visit you daw kasi." A voice suddenly came, Bongbong turned his back and he he saw Imee. They exchanged pleasantries.

"I missed you. You're always working." Mia said.

"Aww I'm sorry, Mia. Lolo Bonget has a lot of work here in the office eh." Bongbong apologized. "But since you're here, we can play na."

Mia's eyes lit up, "Really? Yay!"

Bongbong and Imee chuckled. "Let's eat first." Imee said. They went to his office.

They ate happily at his office. Imee told him that she took Mia for a while as she stays in the province for a program her office initiated. Mia then asks her if they can visit Bongbong at his office too because she hasn't seen for a week.

"Kumusta naman dito?" Imee asked as they chew their food.

He nodded, "Okay naman. Medyo busy lang kasi syempre bagong term na naman. This past weeks I have been visiting a lot of municipalities para mas makita ko yung situation sa ground plus magandang opportunity na rin to thank them for they support they gave me during the election."

Imee nodded, "Mabuti naman."

"Is this Lola Leni?" Mia interrupted the adults. Bongbong and Imee traced where Mia is looking, they saw that Mia is pointing at a certain frame atop his table. Apparently, it was a family picture taken when they just had Pen.

He nodded, "Yes, Mia. That's Lola Leni." He then pointed at the baby in the picture, "And this is Tita Ninang." Pen is the godmother of Mia.

Mia giggled, "Tita Ninang is so small here. I'm going to tell her about this. When can I see her?"

"We can call her now. Do you want to FaceTime her?" He asked, Mia nodded.

AaaPenny
ringing...

"Hi! Pa— ohh hi, Mia!" Pen waved at the camera the moment she saw Mia.

"Hi, Tita Ninang! I missed you! When will I see you? I wanna play with you." Mia said cheerfully.

"Aww I missed you too, Mia! Don't worry we'll see each other again very soon. Sama ka Dad mo when he visits here. We can play all day here with Lola Leni." Mia told the kid.

"Okay okay, I'm gonna tell Dad. Where's Lola Leni? Is she there with you too?" Mia asked.

"Oh Lola Leni isn't here, Mia. She's with a friend. They're having coffee." Pen shared. She's the only one in their unit.

Bongbong frowned upon hearing it, "Sinong kasama ng Mama mo?"

"Yung friend nya po ata from college pa." Pen said.

"Friend from college? Ano daw pangalan? Babae ba yan or lalaki?" Bongbong asked.

"Um I don't know the name pa, basta isa sa mga kasama nya sa kalay before. Hindi ko sure kung sya ba yung congressman from 5th district. Not sure." Pen shared transparently.