Comeback, be here (3)

Leni has been sitting alone in the garden for almost an hour, she's been staring blankly at the sky and to the darkness surrounding her. She's aware that everyone in the house was already dozing off after a tiring campaign day. A lot of thoughts has been occupying her mind, there's been a lot of questions lately she cannot find the answers. Maybe she knew how to unlock those, but she's afraid to act upon it. Afraid to know the truth.

"Can I join you?" A voice suddenly interrupted her.

She looked up and saw Bongbong with a bottle of beer on his hands. "Sure." She gave him a faint smile and moved a bit so he can occupy the rest of the couch.

"You want?" He offered the beer.

She shook her head, "Next time nalang."

He nodded and drank his beer. They were both silent.

"Huwag kang inom nang inom, hindi ka na bata. Saka may kampanya pa bukas, baka malate ka." She slightly reprimanded him.

"Isa lang naman. Pampatulog lang." He defended.

She rolled her eyes, "Ewan ko sa'yo."

He just chuckled and they both fell into silence again.

"Are you mad?" He asked.

"Why would I?" She asked back.

"Because of the things I said earlier during the rally. I just thought it now baka uncomfortable ka." He shared.

"I honestly don't know what to feel, Bong." She sighed. "Hindi ko alam kung for show lang ba yun or—"

"It's all true, Leni." He cut her off. "All the things I've said earlier was true. I mean all those things."

"Bong—"

"Paano pag sinabi ko sa'yo ngayon na mahal pa rin kita?" He cut her off once again.

She looked at him instantly.

"Hindi ganon kadali yun, Bong!" She frowned.

"Mahal kita." He professed.

Suddenly, she was speechless. She can feel her heartbeat beating so fast. The wind suddenly became colder.

"Ganon lang kadali yun, Leni." He told her. "Mahal kita. At kaya kong ulit-ulitin yun ngayon—"

"Stop it!" She hissed. "What are you thinking?"

"Leni, I—"

"15 years, Marcos! 15 years!" She cut him off, "We've been legally separated for 15 years tapos ngayon ka magkakaganyan?! Naririnig mo ba ang sarili mo? Naiisip mo ba kung gaano ka kumplikado yang sinasabi mo? Kasi ako, oo!"

"How is this become complicated?" He frowned. "I'm single and you're single so anong complicated dun? Unless may boyfriend ka na hindi ko alam—"

"Wala akong boyfriend! My god!" She cut him off. "Kahit naman hiwalay tayo alam mo lahat ng nangyayari saakin and it is clear to me na ayaw mo akong mag boyfriend so paano ako magkaka-boyfriend, sige nga?!"

"O yun naman pala! So what's hindering you now?" He asked.

She sighed heavily, she cannot believe that they are having this kind of conversation. "Paano natin to i-explain sa anak natin, sige nga?! Paano natin i-explain sa mga pamilya natin? How are we going to explain this to everyone? Gusto mo bang pag chismisan tayo ng buong probinsya—"

"You don't owe them any explanation, Leni." He cut her off. "Penny will understand for sure, malaki na ang anak natin. Yung mommy mo at mommy ko naman very supportive saatin. Sina Boboy and Malou will surely understand, kahit ako nalang kumausap sa kanila. Wala ka namang problema kina Manang Imee, Irene, and Aimee. You are very close to them so I don't see any problem at all."

She was speechless once again. She just stood up and left him.

"Leni!" He held her wrist.

"What?!" She hissed.

"Just tell me you still love me." He whispered.

She can see his eyes became teary. "Bong, hindi yun madali. Hindi ito madali."

He sniffed. "Hindi mo na ba ako mahal?"

She cupped his face, "I never stopped loving you, mahal ko."

He smiled. He was relieved.

"I'm just— I'm not ready yet." She said.

"I'll wait." He said. "I've waited for 15 years, Leni. I can still wait for you, mahal."

She smiled and kissed his lips. He reciprocated.

They decided to went upstairs after minutes of making out. He unlocked the door of his room and started to undress her. They spent the night making love.

To be continued...

💖❤️