He Got My Heartbeat

A loud bang woke Leni up from her deep sleep. She noticed how their bus stopped, some passengers were alarmed as well then, she noticed some enforcers gathering outside. "Anong nangyari?" She turned to her assistant, Apple.

"Nabangga yata tayo maam." Apple said.

Leni sighed. "May nasaktan ba?"

"Wala naman yata maam." Apple said, observing her surroundings.

Later on, they were advised to get off the bus to check if there were casualties and damages. Upon seeing Leni getting off the bus, all the enforcers were shocked but eventually found their tongues to greet her. She just nodded at them. Some of them were excited to see her so they asked for a selfie which she gladly permitted.

After minutes of waiting on the side of the road, Rona, her HMUA leaned to her ear and whispered, "Ma'am PSG po."

Leni just nodded absentmindedly, she thought that the PSGs were just passing by their area.

"Ma'am" Rona called once again after a while. Leni turned to her and was surprised to see a familiar man standing beside Rona and Apple.

"Good morning, ma'am!" The man wearing a familiar polo greeted Leni, slightly giving a salute to the former VP.

Leni smiled lightly. She knew exactly what's going to happen next. "Good morning, Sir! Ano pong atin?"

"Pinapasundo po kayo ni Sir." The PSG informed her, lowering his voice to avoid getting heard by others.

Leni sighed. "What if ayaw ko?"

The PSG looked at her like his life depended on her answer. "Ma'am—"

"Fine." She slightly rolled her eyes and walked past him and her assistants.

They followed their lady boss in an instant.

Rona and Apple were directed to a different vehicle while Leni rode a prado. Someone held her hand the moment she settled herself inside.

"What are you doing here?" She asked with a straight face. She didn't bother to look at him.

"Sinusundo ka." He said.

She frowned at him. "Tapos ano? Pagagalitan mo ako kasi hindi ako nakinig sa'yo na dapat di na ako nag bus?"

He sighed. "Love—"

"Don't love me, Ferdinand!" She cut him off.

He sighed, intertwined his fingers with hers. "I'm worried."

Her expression softened upon hearing that. She pursed her lips. She suddenly felt guilty with how she act.

He pulled her a bit closer to him though she resisted. "Are you hurt?"

She just shook her head.

They had an argument before Leni went home to Naga. Bongbong discovered through his staff that she'll take the bus from Naga to Cubao. He immediately called her to asked her to cancel her bus ticket and use the private jet instead, but she declined. He then told her that his staff will book a flight from Naga to Manila, he said he'll include all her staff. She declined once again telling him to stop nagging her about riding a bus. Ending was, they weren't talking all throughout Leni's homecoming. He was just getting real time updates from Rona and Apple who's with her every single minute.

---

Days later, Bongbong was notified that Leni was in St. Lukes for a check up. He was just calm upon knowing thinking that she's just having her routine check up. He resumed his busy day— attending meetings, signing papers, and visiting some areas.