My Divorced Parents (2)

A/N: It's been a year when the people's campaign started. It was a movement. Probably my proudest moment 🥺💖

---

"How are you, Lex?" Irene cheered the moment she saw her niece entering their mansion. It's Sunday so they would go to family lunch. "Hindi ka man lang nagsabi na uuwi ka pala. My god! I've missed you so much."

Lexie hugged her aunt in return. "I've missed you too, Tita. I was actually planning to surprise everyone pero parang ako yata ang na surprise."

Irene giggled. "Naku, hayaan mo na parents mo. Malalaki na yang mga yan. Besides they explained naman diba?"

Lexie sighed. "Yeah."

The morning Lexie caught her parents in her mom's condo, she's actually expecting them to explain to her what is happening. Clearly, her parents slept together the night before because they were still in their pj's when she saw them. Also, she noticed how her mom made breakfast for her dad. Her mom simply told her that she's having a migraine that's why her dad went to her unit.

"Gusto mo bang pagalitan ko mom and dad mo?" Irene joked.

Lexie smirked. "Huwag na tita. Like what you said, malalaki na sila. Besides, sanay naman ako na hindi ako na-iinform about sa mga decisions nilang dalawa eh. If I know nagbabahay-bahayan na sila."

Irene just sighed and wrap her arms to Lexie's shoulder as they went to the dining area.

---

Leni went home from the office. She bought some sour dough from Lexie's favorite bake shop. She knew how Lexie loves bread. She also got some avocados, tomatoes, honey, and other ingredients for Lexie to experiment.

"Oh! You're here!" Leni gasped the moment she entered the unit. Lexie was already home from the get together she had with her dad's family. "Anong oras ka nakauwi? Hindi ka nag message saakin."

"Kanina pa ako nakauwi ma mga 5pm. Hinatid ako ni Papa." Lexie said. She's watching the season 2 of fate: winx saga on Netflix.

Leni nodded. "Kumusta naman lunch nyo kanina? For sure tuwang-tuwa ang lola mo kasi nandito ka."

Lexie looked at her mom as she unpacked the stuff she brought. "Okay naman po. Lola was so happy, next time magsabi ako na uuwi ako para makapag ready sya. I told her I was about to surprise everyone kaya lang ako yata ang na surprise." She hinted.

Leni looked at her. "Lex—"

Lexie cut her mom off. "It's okay, ma. Relasyon nyo naman yan ni Papa so hands off ako dyan."

Leni sighed. "I saw your tweet by the way."

Lexie frowned. "What tweet?"

Leni slightly rolled her eyes. "I went live on fb last week and I said miss ko na si Diego. Apparently, it was trending on Twitter then I saw your post, sabi mo it must've been so hard for Diego to be a child of divorced parents. You even mentioning me and your dad."

Lexie remembered that particular tweet. She also recalled how she told her mom and dad to just get back together, of course she's being sarcastic. "Totoo naman. Siguro mahirap for diego na pinagpapasa-pasahan nyo sya every week. Well, I know how it felt." She went upstairs leaving her mom.

"Alexandria Caroline Marcos!" Leni exclaimed but Lexie didn't bother to turn her back and just continue to take the stairs.

---

"Where are you going?" Leni frowned the moment she saw Lexie carrying her luggage. It was 7:00 in the morning, Leni was waiting for Lexie to wake up so that they could have some breakfast together.