Never Again (X)

A/N: Yay! This story is one year in the making! started to write this last June of 2018 pa, I didn't expect that this will have 10 chapters. But I am thankful for all your support! Love love 💕

----

Batac, Ilocos Norte

Two months after Bongbong left, Leni has decided to "move on" and put herself together after her best friends made her realize that she needed to continue life and that she needed to be "herself" again. She continued her usual routine and hangs out frequently with her best friends to avoid thinking of him all the time. She focused on her work and taking care of herself, she doesn't want to be called "para kang 60 years old kahit 53 ka palang" again.

She decided to go home in Ilocos after Imee invited her to attend the annual festival in the province, she was reluctant at first but when the whole barkada committed to come too, she agreed. It will be a great escape for her, she needed to breathe.

"Lens, dito ka na lang mag-stay sa room nyo ni Bongets ha!" Imee told Leni.

"Ha?" Leni was shocked, "Um pwede naman sa guest room nalang ako ate." She suggested, she thought that it would be awkward if she stays in their room (his room) given the fact that they've been separated.

Imee holds her hands together, "Leni, that room will always be yours too. Kahit maghiwalay pa kayo ng paulit-ulit, welcome ka pa din dito. This is your home too."

Leni flashed a small smile appreciating Imee's sincerity, "Thank you ate, pero di ba uuwi si Bong? Parang ang awkward naman kasi—"

"Nope." Imee cut her off. "He said he's not coming home. Sa Christmas nalang daw."

And with that, Leni decided to accept Imee's offer. When she entered the room, she looked around and she cannot help but to sobbed. A lot of memories from the past suddenly flashed back. She saw their wedding pictures still hanging on the wall, she saw framed photos atop the cabinet— Tricia's photos. She cried harder as she saw her framed photo with him which was placed on the nightstand—it was their favorite photo. She was the one who put that photo into that frame.

She's not yet over him.

——

It's the big day in the province as they celebrate their annual festival. There are a lot of activities and events happening today and Leni was so excited, it will be the first time in 15 years that she'll attend to such events. She decided to woke up early and took a bath as Imee told them that they'll attend the mass.

She set the heater's temperature first before she removed her clothes. She was enjoying the water dropping in her skin when she suddenly heard the sound of the door opening. She turned quickly and was surprised.

"Oh my god!!!" She screamed. She was startled to see Bongbong standing in front her.

He couldn't move for a moment, he was equally surprised to see her inside the bathroom. He didn't know that she was there. He was planning to surprise everyone with his presence that's why he went home from London but he didn't know that Leni would be there too, much to his surprise he didn't know that she'll be staying in their room.

"Oh my god! What are you doing here?!" She exclaimed while covering her naked body with the towel.

He was suddenly taken back to reality, "Ha? Um. I'm— I'm sorry, Sorry sorry!" And he quickly went out the bathroom closing the door after him. He sighed as he leaned over the door. "What have I done?" He asked himself.

Leni sighed and buried her face in her hands, "Oh my god! That was not supposed to happen! Nakakahiya!"

Minutes later, Leni went out of the bathroom wearing nothing but her white robe, her hair was covered with towel. She saw him sitting at the tip of the bed, face buried on his hands. She cleared her throat.