My brows crease together, "What's the difference?"

"I was born from both Pureblood parents, from bloodlines past down, we're essentially different from the ones you've read about and watched on television. We still have beating hearts but they beat much slower than a humans', we can still sleep, but we also still require blood to function and have the energy to do things. Our skins don't take on a paler tone as you would expect, so it's not hard to blend in with humans."

"There are more of you?"

"A few. Scattered here and there but all from the same family tree, first cousins, second cousins." he wonders off.

My head bobs up and down before a flickering of a memory flashes and sounds in my ears, "The man at the doctor's office. ." I hesitate when his eyes darken to a dark blue. "He called you a prince, does that mean you're—"

"Yes. I am Royalty."

'Damn. Got knocked by not only a vampire but a vampire prince.' I think to myself. 'Plus ten points.'

"Oh, wow," I say aloud. "What about Adrian and the others, are they Purebloods too?"

He shakes his head, "The only other Pureblood is Kyri since she's my sister. Adrian, Abel, and Eileesha were turned, they're the traditional vampires, they don't have beating hearts, they crave blood and so forth— but since I'm the one that turned them all, they have a few qualities of a royal. "

"I see," I hum, taking everything surprisingly well.

My hand finds the bump of my stomach and his gaze follows the action, my curiosity brewing deeper.

"Will my babies come out as Vampires?"

He frowns, lips tilted upwards. "I don't know. This is the first incident of a vampire and human conceiving a child or twins," he answers, sounding conflicted.

"Oh, okay."

There's a soft air of silence, not awkward, or disturbing, it was just there, my brain starts to process what has been said and what more things that still need to be addressed. Suddenly I felt something missing, someone wasn't here.

I gasp loudly, lifting my eyes to collide with Delano— as he was already staring— my eyes wide.

"Where's Maddie?"

The memory of her screams in the car before she was carried away, still rings and riot me, disappointed that I didn't notice her absence before.

Delano's eyes were blank despite them glimmering and swaying with an unseen emotion. "She's with Adrian."

"Are you crazy!?" I gape at him before throwing the sheets and shuffling to hop out of the bed. "He's going to kill her!"

"No, he's not."

His hand shoots out to stop me in my descend out the bed, the cool air brushes along my exposed legs and I snap my attention to Delano, the heat of his hand was like an instant zap of electricity to my heart, causing it to beat faster, warmth seeped into my pores and spreads into my system.

He stares me dead in the eye, unblinking, though I felt like I was the only one affected, my breathing grew heavier and my face began to flush, he finally blinked and I looked away; breaking the battle.

"He won't hurt her, I promise. She's safe, plus you don't know your way around this place so don't go doing anything rash."

I nod mutely, figuring he was right, the desire to find Maddie simmered down with logic and his words alone. There was a sudden knock at the door that causes me to yell and whip around to stare at the dark wood, Delano did the same.

"That must be breakfast," he mummers, twisting back to face me. "Are you hungry?"

•••
[ edited ]

Where is everyone from?

I live in Tampa, Florida ❤️ for some reason my location keeps disappearing in my bio, though I want to know where all my readers are from, if you're in the other side of the world I love you 😭🔥 I didn't know my books would reach that far.

shout out to this lovely person for the wonderful paragraph, this made my heart soar above the clouds 💘 these are the type of messages I love to see after a chapter

Also, sorry for not updating the other night, I was babysitting and I didn't expect to stay late, but the payment was good! 😍 McDonald's! Hoped you all enhoyed this chapter, don't forget to leave feedback

  P.s- thanks for 26k 😭😭 stop spoiling me, JK keep doing it 😂