Since When? Part 2

This girl was helpful to us…but there was just something about her that didn’t seem right. If she was trying to string us along she was definitely a good actress.

“I can't do this, man. I can't live on rabbit food. I'm a warrior” Dean complained as we walked out of the market. “Dean, you'll be fine” Sam told him. “Hey if I can do it then you can certainly do it” I said. “So what's next on the list?” Brit asked.

“Well, if we're bum-rushing the Alpha, then we're gonna need dead man's blood, which means a morgue. Or…” I started but then stopped. “Or what?” Sam asked.

“Dude, forget the morgue. We are swimming in vamp poison” I said as I headed over to this spaced out dude sitting on a bench as he was blankly sipping out of a cup.

“Excuse me, sir. Hi. We uhhh we're with the…Red Cross? See, we have an emergency shortage. And we're gonna need you to…” Sam started. “You’re not getting a word of this, are you” Brit assumed.

“Hey. Hold out your arm. We need your blood” Dean ordered, snapping his finger at him as he took a sit beside the guy. “Dude!” Sam scolded. I couldn’t help but giggle as the vacant man obeyed with ease. I took a seat on the other side of the guy. “Alright, Dr. Brit. Tap the keg” Dean handed her the syringe.

“Here?” she asked incredulous.

“Look around you, guys. It's friggin Woodstock. Everybody's hopped up on the brown acid. We don't need the song and dance. Give him a little prick” I said.

“Fine” she huffed and stuck the needle in a precise spot in the guy’s arm. He smiled at Dean with the straw in his mouth and then at me. We both smiled back at him.

“Ow…that kind of hurts. This is for Hurricane Katrina, you said?” he asked blankly.

“Why yes. Yes I did” I nodded with a smile.

“So look when we get there…” Sam started and threw a glance back at the Emily sleeping in the car. “Bobby's gonna have to hang back. Do any of you disagree?”

“He ain't gonna like it. I mean, he helped us in getting Emily” Dean noted.

“Look, I'm Team Bobby, too. Okay? But there's a reason we left him in the car with Emily. You know that. The more action he sees, the more chance he gets to spin out”

Brit and I shared a look. “He has a point Dean. We don’t know what could happen” she spoke up.

“All right, fine. So, we'll keep him off the front lines and he can just, you know, keep calm and carry on, right?” he finally said.

Then a police car went driving by and we did our best to act like we weren’t taking this man’s blood. “And if he can’t?” I murmured. Dean looked at me sadly.

“Are you guys sure we can trust Emily?” I whispered, changing the subject. They all waited for me to continue. “I don’t know…something just doesn’t seem right about this…it was almost as if…everything at that mansion was set up to make us think she needed our help…so we would take her with us…I don’t know…come on, lets just get out of here. This town creeps me out” I said, shrugging it off as I walked back to the car. I could feel all of them watching me carefully…wondering what was up with me…why I was so paranoid…but they didn’t call me out on it. They just followed.

As night fell, Emily gave us instructions as to where she was taken and she told us what she remembered. She was pretty descriptive…descriptive enough anyway. We manage to pinpoint the alphas campsite at a monastery…ironically enough. So then we took Emily to a motel to keep her safe there while we invaded the vamps lair. We locked Bobby up in a safe, which he was definitely not happy about, and then we headed out.