Long Time No See... Part 2

“So, your siblings…” Cas started.

“Sam and Brittney” Dean corrected him.

“Sam and Brittney. What is their diagnosis?”

“Well, it's not exactly medical” I said.

“That should be fine. I can cure illness of a spiritual origin”

“Spiritual?…Okay. Someone did this to him” Dean said, suddenly. My eyes went to him.

“You're angry” he realized. I hung my head. “You both are”

“Well, yeah. Dude broke my brother and my best friend’s heads”

“He betrayed you two, this dude. He was your friend?”

“Yeah, well…he's gone” I spoke.

“Did you kill him? I sense that you kill a lot of people”

I opened my mouth to speak but nothing came out for a second…then I found words. “Honestly…I don’t if he’s dead or not…I just know this whole thing couldn’t be messier”

“Ya know…we used to be able to shake this stuff off. Whatever it was. It might take me some time, but…we always could. What Cas did…” Dean explained and I felt his eyes go to me. “We just can't…I don't know why”

“Well, it doesn't matter why” Cas said.

“Of course it matters” I spoke up, lifting my head.

“No. Dean, Melissa…you're not machines. You're human” He paused. “Your friend's name was Cas? That's an odd name” I just shook my head and stared out the window.

It was finally day when we reached a convenience store. “Just stay with him and watch him” Dean said to me as we were both outside the car and Cas was still inside.

“Why can’t you stay with him while I go inside?”

“Because I’m already half way there” he said quickly and took off.

My jaw dropped and I started grumbling to myself. Then I took a deep breath and went to get back in the car but Cas just came out to me instead.

“Oh umm…” I started but I didn’t know what to say. We both just stared at each other for a very long time. Then I finally just crossed my arms and leaned on the side of the car.

“So umm…how do you think you heal people?” I asked him.

“Daphne says my gifts are from God…and that I was meant to help people”

“Hmm” I let out a small laugh but tried not to be disrespectful.

“This Cas guy…you and Dean were really close with him” he said.

I looked up at him. “Yes…we were…he was the best friend Dean and I ever had for a very long time…”

“So it must have been hard when he betrayed you”

“It was” I agreed.

“Do you think you will ever forgive him?”

I continued to stare into his eyes and…I just couldn’t see him. I used to be able to see the memories we shared together…but it was different this time. He really couldn’t remember me…or Dean…or anything…it wasn’t Cas.

“I’d like to think I would…I want to believe I would…but it’s just hard…what he did…he seems unforgivable…should that one thing outweigh everything else he’s ever done for us?”