Too Many Angels...As Always

So, then, Cas did his thing and him, Sam and Dean went to go see Mr. Birch. It left me and Brit to just chill out in the room and wait for the guys to come back…and we were getting restless. We both just laid side by side on the bed, staring up at the ceiling. I took out a bouncy ball and tossed it into the air. She caught it, then tossed it and then I tossed it and caught it again. We kept going back and forth and then Brit finally spoke.

“Why haven’t you and Dean gotten married yet?" she asked.

"I don't know...no time?"

"I thought that was the excuse when we were on the road with them, I mean you two would’ve went to Vegas and all that if you had time...but you had a full year to actually do it...and I don't see a ring on your finger"

"Well, really, there's no point in doing it. We're together. We tell each other we love one another every day, what difference would it make if we just sign some stupid piece of paper?"

"I don't know. It would be more official. You’ll be Melissa Winchester"

"Umm no, I'm keeping my last name, thanks" She laughed lightly. "I don't know...I guess it just really never occurred to either of us..."

"Lies! You’ve thought about it before" she smirked.

I laughed as I just held onto the ball and turned my head to look at her. "Once or twice...but it's not like I'm just gonna go up to him and say, ‘hey, let's get married‘. If he wants to, he can ask me, himself"

She nodded. "But all of this brings me to another question...are you pregnant?" she asked, holding up the pregnancy test that I haven’t taken yet.

I just stared at her. "I don't know...I might be..."

"Why do you not seem more excited? You and Dean have a legit family with another member on the way!...unless of course it wouldn't be his cause then that just throws a whole new level of awkwardness into the equation"

"Of course it would be his!" I laughed as I took the test from her. "I just...I'm barely getting by with Jesse when it comes to my life. The supernatural has a way of finding no matter where I am or what I'm doing...how could I possibly bring another person into this world and make them go through what I’m going through…what I went through…and possibly have it end up like Jesse. I love Jesse and he was lucky enough to be adopted and know nothing about me or what I did for a while but a new baby would be thrown into it right away...everything would be different...I just couldn't do that..."

I looked back up at the ceiling and tossed the ball back up. I felt her eyes just stay on me as I caught it back into my hand. Then, I stood up and walked over to mine and Dean’s bag to put it away.

I felt them coming back and I spun around quickly as Dean and Sam appeared at my sides while Cas had a kid over his shoulder and he tossed him down onto the bed, beside Brit. I looked at the guys.

"This is Erin" Sam said. "Cas, you realize you just kidnapped a kid, right?" Dean asked him.

"If the angel we seek really took his soul, then when claim is made on living soul it leaves a mark, a brand..."

"Like a shirt tag at camp?" Brit asked.

"...no idea but I can read the mark and find the angel that bought the souls"

"An angel bought his soul?" I narrowed my eyes. "How are you going to do it?" Dean asked as everyone just ignored me. "Well it'll be painful for him. Reading will be excruciating" Cas replied as he started to roll up his sleeves.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa. Hold on" I said.

"Melissa..."

"He's just a kid, Cas"