Serial Killers Don't Make Good Demons Part 2

Brit's POV

Sam and I were still keeping an eye on this girl who was clearly in no danger...especially after we just saw her and this guy pretty much have sex in the aisle of the library...those poor books. But the worst part? Lucifer was here. And he wouldn't leave. He just kept coming back. I felt schizophrenic sitting here with the friggin Devil in my face...and he's so annoying. He doesn't shut up!

"I'm pretty sure this guy's the boring sort of chubby chaser" he commented about the guy who was still with our target. Sam dialed Dean but I could hear his voicemail come through.

"Leave your name, number and nightmare at the tone"

"Dean, where are you? Brit and I are scoping zero out here" he said and hung up.

"I'll try Mel" I sighed, dialing her number.

"Yes because if you can't get a hold of Dean, you can always get a hold of Melissa...maybe they finally made up and they're...you know..." he smirked.

Sam and I looked at each other but then I focused on the phone when it went straight to voicemail. "If I'm not saving your life right now then it's probably what you're calling about anyway so you know what to do"

I didn't bother though. I just hung up. "Not a good sign" Lucifer sang but we just ignored him. He could be right...they could just be together...but they're supposed to be watching Jeffery, they wouldn't just leave him.... I had to focus.

"Hmm. Surprised neither of you have picked up on that yet. It's right...there in the coroner's report" Lucifer's eyes went down to our research and I started flipping through papers. My eyes widened.

"Yeah. Uh-huh. In this latest round of killings, our big girls had traces of heavy tranquilizers in their blood. Yeah? But our demon's strong enough to make fat Betty do whatever he wants to, right? So, why does he need the tranqs? Think he's got a bad back? Yeah, whatever is going on here, you know that demon's not coming back to kill anybody"

So then Sam and I both began to call Dean and Mel again as he was still talking. "This is Special Agent Smith. Please leave your name, number and a detailed..." both of their voicemails said. We hung up.

"Oh, no. That's every cell phone they've got. One of them should've picked up, right? Big brother and sister are probably dead"

"Shut up" Sam and I both hissed at him as we got up and left him there.

We went back to Jeffery's apartment and no one was there. "That's what I'm talking about, guys, real interaction again. I miss that. The rapier wit, the wittier rape. Come on. I'll be good. I'll even help you solve your little Nancy Drew mystery or whatever" Lucifer insisted as we ransacked the place, looking for anything we could find. I began to look through the drawers and pulled out a box.

"No note but hmm a cell phone scrambler. But, Luci, those are illegal. Think, guys. Maybe this has something to do with Dean and Melissa's telephone blackout" he continued.

"Sam, help me" I spoke and got him to help me take out one of the drawers.

We began to tape on the bottom of it and opened it up, finding a metal box with pieces of paper inside. "Hmm. Latin. Not suspicious at all"

"I've never seen this spell before" Sam said.

"Me either" I sighed.

We walked out and down the alleyway. "But you've seen this type" Lucifer said to us. "A demon summoning, why?" Sam asked.

"Why? To summon a demon, jackass. Start looking at who"

"Okay, what do you mean?" I asked.

"Look at the page"