It's A Cruel World Out There...Someone Will Get Hurt Part 2

Dean and I started to get ready to head out...but then he stopped me from packing. "Maybe you should stay too" he suggested with a hushed voice.

I gave him a look and crossed my arms. "I know Bobby can hold down the house but if they start having some kind of episode, there are two of them and one of him. He might need help..."

"But, Dean, if this is a Leviathan thing, which I have a bad feeling that it is, what if you need help...I don't like the idea of you being out there alone"

"I know but right now Sam and Brit need us more and if I cant be here, I'd rather you be...just stay for a few hours and if everything seems okay with them then come on the case with me" he compermised.

"Fine" I agreed.

"Thank you" he kissed my forehead. I grabbed his hands.

"Be careful, alright?" I requested.

"Always am"

"Mmmhmm" Then, he kissed my lips as he cupped my cheek and slung his bag over his shoulder and walked out.

I sighed and rubbed my face. Then, I walked out to the others. "You got room in this house for one more partier?" I asked.

Bobby just chuckled humorlessly, shaking his head. I offered a smile and started doing the dishes, he had the sink, for him.

"Well, at least you're useful" he said.

"You know I can be, Bobby" I replied.

After a bit, I headed up to the room to just have some time to myself and maybe read a little. It's been a while since I had some time to myself. Then, there was a knock at the door.

"Come in" I called and when the door opened, there stood Sam at the entrence. "Hey, Sammy...everything okay?" I asked, closing my book as I sat up, giving him my full attention.

He hesitated as he shut the door. "Not really" I moved back on the bed and patted the spot in front of me so he would sit and he did. "It's hard, Mel...how to tell what's real from what's not...and I'm afraid it's going to drive me and Brit so insane that we lose it completely"

"Sam...you're here. You're alive. I'm here, in front of you right now, I'm real" I said, taking his hand.

"Ya know...I could be with and hold Brittney and love her all I want...but she's in the same boat I am and she sees everything I do so I don't even know if what we have is real..." he looked down.

I gave him a sad look. Then, he looked back up at me and I noticed he started to lean in toward me as he went to cup my cheek.

"Sam...what are you doing..." I murmured and slowly went to back away.

"I just...need to see..." was all he said.

Then, his lips collided with mine. It was a simple kiss, really. Nothing too crazy. But, then he started to lean more into me and intensified the kiss...and I let him. But, after a few more seconds, I finally put a hand on his chest to push him away slightly before things got too much. And when we pulled away...I felt myself shaking...and it wasn't from the sweet kiss that Sam just gave me. It was from the fact that I just kissed my boyfriend's brother.

"Did that help you any?" I asked, trying not to sound angry or nervous.

"I'm not sure..."

"Why did you do it?" I asked, our faces still inches apart.

"Because...when Dean was in Hell and you and I hooked up...there was a moment for me that...it felt real...that you and I felt real so I thought maybe if I came back to you it would help"