It's A Cruel World Out There...Someone Will Get Hurt

+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+

Dean

I watched, petrified, at the sight of Cas as the black cracks in his neck increased but then died down. He started to walk a few feet.

"Bobby?" I voiced.

He started to sit up. Melissa wasn't moving though and everything in me wanted to just be by her side and make sure she was okay but I knew any sudden movements could get us all killed. I noticed Cas stopped walking and he looked like he was in pain...and then as the black cracks disappeared completely and he started to drip this black liquid from his face.

"Your vessel's gonna explode, ain't it? Wouldn't do anything too strenuous. In fact, I'd call it a day, head on home, huh?" I suggested, just hoping he would leave us alone.

We were in no position to go up against this thing, right now. The black liquid kept flowing from his scalp, over his eye, down his face and his arms.

"We'll be back. For you" he spoke and limped out of the room.

"Well, this is a new one" Bobby commented.

I looked a few feet next to me and saw Mel was still not moving, under the cabinet that was crushing her.

"Bobby" I grunted, scrambling to my feet just to get over to her.

Bobby and I got it off her as I pretty much just threw it to the side and I got down to her side.

"Mel? Mel, come on, you gotta wake up" I said as I put her face in my hands. Bobby put two fingers to her neck.

"Her pulse is steady. She's just out cold" he said.

I sighed. "Okay, come on" I said as I lifted her up into my arms.

She was completely limp. I had to hold her head close to me as Bobby and I ran out of the lab and down the hallway.

I handed Mel off to Bobby when we got to a room and I started to walk in cautiously...but I saw Brit and Sam in a corner so I started to approach them. Except they didn't seem to see me.

"Sam? Brit? Hey...we gotta get out of here. The leviathans have taken complete control of Cas and took off..." I started but saw they weren't acknowledging anything.

So I shoved Sam in the chest a little and put a hand on Brit's face.

"Sam! Brit! You guys hearing me?" I asked.

They both spazzed and cringed away from me though. "Whoa. Look at me. Hey. All right, we got to button this up. Come on, let's get out of here. Come on" I said and they followed me out of the room. I took Mel back from Bobby.

"What happened? Is she okay?" Brit asked with full concern.

"She'll be fine. Just a knock to the head" was all I said, hoping that's really all it was and she was actually going to be fine.

Melissa

I woke up to being jostled around in the seat I was sitting in. I looked around and saw I was in the passenger seat of the Impala and it was day time.

"Hey...sorry, big bump" Dean said.

"Where are we going? What happened with Cas?" I asked quickly.

"Slow down...are you feeling alright?"

"I'm fine, Dean. What's going on?" I asked, sternly even though my head was killing me and my body was sore.

"The leviathans took over Cas, completely and took off. We're following now"