Parent Trapped

We got to the house and I hesitated but still rang the doorbell multiple times. I could hear some footsteps coming to the door and then it swung open...and I saw Abbey standing there, wearing a very slimming black dress, with her hair done and a pretty necklace with a pair of earrings.

"Melissa...Dean...what are you doing here?" she said shocked.

"Well, you look absolutely fine" Dean commented.

"What's going on?"

"I think we've been parent trapped"

"What?"

"Jesse sent out a 911" I said.

"Why would he do that?"

"You going out on a date?"

"Yeah..." she said, still not sure what I was getting at.

"With Chris?" I asked, giving her a look.

She sighed. "Come in" she let us in.

We all walked into the kitchen and Dean grabbed a beer for himself after I declined the one he offered me. He sat down on a stool as I leaned on the island and Abbey stood a few feet away from us.

"You two wanna sit down?" he asked us.

"Not so much" we both answered.

"Well, you both definitely come from the same family" he muttered. "So, who's the guy? And where's Chris?"

"Chris and I aren't together anymore...we drifted..."

"Drifted, huh" I grunted.

"Yeah. We had different plans for our future"

"Did he leave because of Jesse?" I asked, looking down but then I shifted up to stare her down.

"No, that I'm sure of. He loved Jesse to death...him and I just couldn't leave together anymore though..."

"And the new guy?"

"His name's Matt. He's a doctor"

"Wow. Dr. Matt, how respectable" Dean quipped.

"Really, that's how this is gonna be? I called you both six times each"

"Yeah, well we almost called back about 100" I countered, feeling dumb as the words left my mouth.

"Good to know"

"Look, Jesse called us so we dropped everything and ran. If you're wondering if we care..."

"It doesn't help me" she crossed her arms.

"Look, our son called us so we..."

"Doesn't help us. He won't be your son as soon as the paper work is finished" she crossed her arms.

"Why are you doing this? What do you want from us?"

"I'm not asking of anything from you, Mel" she sighed.

"Then ask for something already!" I snapped as I walked around and jumped up to sit on the island, next to Dean.

"Umm..." Jesse started as he showed up at the doorway.

"Go to your room" we all voiced.

"Well then" he said and walked away.

I couldn't help but stare at him in awe and notice how he actually got taller and he seemed older. Abbey sighed as she sat on a stool beside Dean.

"I can't ask for something. I cant have what I want because I want you both living here with me...with us...but that cant happen because of the way you both live. I want to be able to live with Chris but I just don't think he loves me the same anymore..."