Taken For Granted Part 2

did anyone else notice that Sam and Brittney's names together are either Shrittney or Bam? lmao it just occured to me and i started to laugh...anyway...carry on :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So, we went to the Biggerson’s restaurant and started to stake out the receiving entrance where all their products come and go. The guys were in the van that they had high jacked but Brit and I were in Dean’s Dodge. I wasn’t in the mood to be near him but they said that the Porche would be too noticeable so here we were.

“Hey…you okay?” Brit asked, gently.

I sighed and smiled over at her. “Yea…well…no” I told her, honestly.

She waited patiently…more eagerly. I never actually gave her an honest answer, straight out before when she asked if I was okay. “He said maybe I should leave after the case is over” I told her. “No he didn’t” she said in disbelief.

“Yea. He did…things just aren’t working for us, Brit…”

“But you’re Dean and Melissa…you’re Delissa!”

That made me laugh. “Oh my god, never say that again”

She laughed too. “And look what he has hiding up here” she said as she pulled down the driver’s side sun visor as she took a picture into her hand.

She looked at it first and then showed it to me. It was a picture of me and Dean laughing together with our faces close. Jesse had taken it. I remember everything about that day…the smell…the feel.

“He keeps that picture because he loves you…the you we all love…he keeps it to remind him of the life he had with you because it was the happiest time of his whole life…when he wasn’t thinking about me or Sam…you guys are just going through a rough patch” she said, simply.

I didn’t reply to her though…I just ran my thumb across the picture and stuck it back up there.

“I’m worried about you, Mel…” she sighed.

“I know you are. You know how I know? Because you keep telling me” I laughed, trying to fight back tears.

“I know…but ever since mine and Sam’s head broke…and ever since we lost Cas…I know it’s been especially hard on you and Dean and now that you’re having problems with Dean…”

“I’ll be fine, Brit, but, what about you? Are you okay? I mean…with the whole…head breaking? You still see Lucifer?”

“Occasionally…sometimes I can shake him away though…and I’m actually okay with seeing him. I’m not saying it’s fun but to be honest, I see it as the best-case scenario…I guess I’m trying to say that…a lot of people got it worse” she shrugged.

I stared at her gently. “You always were one for thinking about others”

“Well, so were you…and I’m going to help you find your way back to that person. Because even though Dean was stoned…he was right. This is not caring…it isn’t you. You might think it’s easier but it’s not you…it’s not for you…for us”

“But, what if I told you that…being in touch with my other half gets the job done and keeps us all safe”

“I’d say…it isn’t how we do things and you know that”

I didn’t reply though. Then, I saw some guys coming out of the building. So, the two of us walked over to the van and I tapped on the window, startling Sam. I grinned.