Long Time No See... Part 1

+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~

Passed couple days have been...well...hell...for a lack of a better term. Lucifer is everywhere. He's there when I wake up in the morning. He's there when I'm trying to eat. He's there when I'm brushing my hair. He's even there when I'm taking a shower...but at least he has the decency to stay on the other side of the curtain. The arm trick doesn't work anymore. I can't just press down on my scar and make him go away. I let him in. Sam and I both did. That was our mistake.

Ever since this happened I've been feeling like I've had this 24/7 fever...or like I'm just going through some kind of early menopause, getting heat flashes. But I couldn't focus on it, I had to push it away because we were working on a case. Cursed objects. Ballet shoes. Apparently a girl literally danced her feet off...Mel's joke, not mine...completely inappropriate for the timing but there's been something different about her...her and Dean. I watched them carefully as I saw them laugh together, make jokes together and get really close. It was nice to see again and I wasn't about to say anything about it because then I would jinx it or they would deny everything and so then it would be my fault that their rekindling fire had been blown out.

Anyway...it was more than just ballet shoes that were cursed. And it was our job to rescue the people who had these items...and then kick some leviathan ass. Yea. They were in town too. But when we confronted them...there were only two...the guy helped us kill his partner in crime. He said it was because he wanted to taste what the bitch tasted like. Then he goes on to say that Dick Roman is on the road to discovering a cure to cancer because they're all just here to help. Yea. I guess you just had to be there to get the whole low down, I kind of just summed it up for you.

But when we went to go tell Frank what we found out...we found an empty trailer with blood smeared everywhere and all of his equipment was trashed and broken. So, yea...we lost our second go-to guy. How many more people have to die because they get close to us or because we get them involved?

My POV

I was staring out the window kind of hoping to see Brit and Sam come running back to the cabin. They both had taken off when they thought Dean and I had fallen asleep but I just couldn't. I could see their restlessness. Something was wrong. So I let them go to maybe clear their heads, get some fresh air. But I was starting to think it was a bad idea. And that maybe I should've stopped them.

I wrapped my arms around my body and sighed. "Mel? Everything okay?" Dean voiced.

I turned and saw him begin to approach me. "Where are Brittney and Sam?"

"I saw them go out for a walk..." More like a run...like they were running away from something.... "But that was an hour ago. I didn't think it was that big of a deal so I just let them go. When do you think we should start to worry?" I said uneasily.

"I'd give them another half hour...I'm sure they're fine" he said but I knew it was just for my benefit and he wasn't even sure.

"Come on, we could use some sleep" he smiled and held his hand out to me.

I smiled back and took his hand. But then he pulled me to him quickly and threw me over his shoulder. I squealed and giggled as he walked over to the couch and threw me down and then hovered over me as he began to attack my neck. I laughed but then I brought his lips up to mine. Then he put his forehead against mine and then just collapsed his whole body down onto mine. I grunted but laughed as he got comfortable. I let out a relaxed sigh as I began to play with his hair and stare up at the ceiling. I was smiling at first but then...my mind went to the moment in time when Dean and I were having a rough patch and we had our doubles running the country, killing people, destroying our lives and...he had actually made me choose between him and Sam.