Craziness and Paranoia Go A Long Way

The next day we all headed out to the bar in town to discuss what happened last night…but both Sam and Brit were too concerned with trying to pick up our waitress and some random dude sitting on a stool at the bar.

“You just gave her a silent how you doin” Dean accused Sam. “And you just gave him a silent hey sexy, I’m free tonight” I accused Brit. “What?” they both asked.

“Never mind. Phrase a question…say you have no soul, your on a case and your brother gets abducted by aliens” Sam said.

“And you do anything you can to get him back”

“Right, ya do but…what about if there are no more leads…do you just sit there in the dark and suffer even when there’s nothing left to do for the night?” he asked, like it was the craziest idea in the world.

Yes!” we both hissed at him.

“What?”

“Yes. You sit in the dark and feel the loss…” Dean said. “But…do I have to sit in the dark and feel the loss?” Brit asked, still eyeing the dude at the bar.

“Yes. You sit and feel the loss of your best friend” I narrowed my eyes at her.

“Okay…absolutely, feel the loss…but couldn’t I just do all that and have sex with a hippy chick?” Sam asked. “No” Dean said and stared at Sam like he was stupid and crazy.

“Okay…does that mean we cant have sex with each other?” Brit asked and Sam was just as curious to the answer.

“No. No sex with anybody”

“It’ll be in the dark…” Sam said.

“No. you couldn’t because you would be suffering…and you cant just turn that off for the night”

“Even if the sex was to help comfort your girlfriend because maybe she’s feeling a lot of pain and suffering?” Sam said.

My eyes widened as my face flushed and Dean tensed. “You guys didn’t…” His hard eyes looked at me. “No, no, no, no…” I said quickly.

“But, she wanted to. So, since she wanted to, would I be able to…”

Dean was about to lunge across the table at him but I held him back. “He’s just speaking hypothetically” I reminded him.

Sam and Brit stayed un-phased, waiting for an answer. “No! Especially no” Dean said to him.

I just hooked my arm around his so he would try to chill out. The waitress gave us the check and walked away with Sam checking her out…then he looked at me and checked me out as well. Dean tried to lunge at him again but I gripped onto his arm tighter.

“Let it go” I shook my head.

“So…why not?” Sam asked.

Because if you had a soul, your soul wouldn’t let you” I said, simply. “So, you’re saying that having a soul equals suffering” Brit said.

We didn’t respond at first. “Yes. That’s exactly what we’re saying” Dean said. “Like the million times you both almost tried calling Abbey and Chris” Sam said.

We both tensed at that one as we gave them both blank stares but also annoyed looks. “You’re saying suffering is a good thing” Brit said. “We’re saying it’s the only game in town” I said.

They both sighed. “Okay so how do we deal with the little green men?”

“Research…we got about whole century of lore to catch up on, and there’s no time for…” Dean said as he stood up, pulling out some money and we all stood as well. “What’s up with that guy?” he asked.