I'll Admit Part 3

Dean's POV

I found Sam in Brit's room and it really hurt seeing him like this...it hurt just seeing Brit like this. It hurt more than anything. I hated seeing her hooked up to all this crap. She didn't deserve this. I forced myself to walk in and stand on the other side of her bed.

"Hey, Short Stuff" I sighed. "You listen here, now...you better not die on me because I need you to help me figure out Melissa. I have no idea how she thinks...what she thinks...and I just need you around to keep Sammy from being so gloomy all the time...plus, you're not so bad when it's just the two of us either" I said.

I watched Sam carefully as he just kept his eyes on Brit as if he was waiting for her to jump to her feet and yell "surprise".

"I don't understand something...couldn't Mel just use magic to heal Brit and Bobby?" I wondered aloud.

"You two have gotten so distant she can't even talk to you about the basics anymore, can she" Sam assumed.

"What do you mean?"

"If she were to try and heal either of them...and you know she would've tried it by now...then whatever injury they have would be inflicted on her. It's how the whole witch thing works when it comes to her using the magic"

"Why?"

"She doesn't know. It's just how it is. I guess a half blood demon asking for help from the witches of beyond is asking for too much" he shrugged, sighing.

"So...not that I'm complaining, because I'm glad she hasn't tried it, but why hasn't she" He snapped his eyes up at me.

"Because she promised you no more suicide attempts, Dean..." He looked back at Brit. "If she were to try to heal Brit or Bobby right now, she would die for sure"

We didn't say anything else after that. I walked out and headed toward Bobby...but Mel wasn't there. I started to worry a little. But, then I raced to the stairs that led up to the roof and when I got there I looked around frantically...then calmed down when I saw her standing by the edge, leaning on her elbows, looking out to the sun as it was just about beginning to set.

"So much for no more suicide attempts huh. This one is pretty classy. Planning on going out in style?" I said as I approached her.

"Hmmm funny" she replied.

"Can I join you?" I asked as I got beside her.

"In what? Standing next to me or in my attempt?"

"Both"

"Yea, I guess so...doesn't seem so silly now does it" I gave her a look and she giggled as she looked over at me. "I'm just kidding"

"Yea, whatever" She looked back at the sun. "Sam told me that you would be able to save Brit and Bobby...but he told me the consequence..."

She looked down. "Yea, I..."

"Thank you...for not doing it" I said and that made her look up at me.

"I know Brit and Bobby will make it on their own...but if they don't...that would most likely break me...but if you had saved them by putting your own life on the line...that would tear me to shreds, Melissa"

I was putting my heart out there right now so if she isn't listening or if she makes fun of me for this later, I will personally kick her ass. "I can't live without you, Mel...you have to know this by now. Even if we fight...even if we go down separate paths for a while...I'll always come back to you. I'll always be there. And it's kind of insulting to know that you don't know this"