Not Caring Is Harder Than It Seems... Part 2

Melissa

"So what? Maybe she had another kid she didn't tell you about" Sam said as the guys came walking into the room.

"What's going on?" I asked as Brit and I walked in.

"Dean thinks his one night stand's baby is a transformer" Sam said and I could hear mock and amusement in his tone.

"Like...the kind of transformer you'd see Shia LaBouf hanging out with?" Brit joked with a serious look.

"I'm not kidding guys! She only had one kid. Emma. And that night when I was with her, there was nothing. No play pens, no blankets, no rubber ducks" Dean enforced as he went to the fridge to get out a beer for himself and for Sam.

"Right. Like you were focused on that kind of thing" Sam commented as he sat at the table and opened up his laptop.

"Hey that's the first thing you notice. Red flags..." he said and then hesitated a little.

His eyes went to me and I could almost feel the uncomfortable feeling he was getting talking about his one night stand in front of me. But I just gave him a blank look, waiting for him to continue...so he did.

"Then this morning: baby"

"Yea the one you thought talked"

"Oh it talked and not baby talk either"

"And you know so much about baby development" Brit smiled, finding amusement in this as well.

"I know enough to know they cant say hey mom who's that guy..."

Then Dean sat down in front of Sam and shut his laptop before he could type anything. He gave him an annoyed look but Dean just kept on going.

"So cut to...Lydia's handing this kid who called her mommy over to these women but this is not a baby, this kid's gotta be five...and same name. Emma"

"Ya know, George Forman named all his sons George" Brit commented as she walked over to Sam's side and she smiled at him and Sam smiled as well.

"Are you two deliberately messing with me?" They both shrugged. "Dude, I know weird. There is no non-weird explanation for this. This morning Emma was a baby, by sunset she's Hannah Montana...the early years" He finished and then took a sip of his beer.

Then Sam's phone began to ring. "It's the professor" he said and I scoffed, rolling my eyes.

"Oh yea, the professor. I'm sure he'll crack this wide open" Dean commented. Then his eyes went to me. "You believe me, don't you?" he asked.

It wasn't really a question...but it wasn't really an assumption either...I don't know what to call it. It was just something in his voice.

"We'll see" was all I said. I think those were the first words that we actually spoke to each other in days. Sad, right?

The next morning we met with the professor again. He was actually kind of helpful this time. Only kind of though. He informed us that we might be dealing with The Amazons. A tribe of warriors who just...didn't like men. And after they were impregnated they killed the males...that's what I got out of the professor's excessively long speech and I'm pretty sure it was all we needed.

Now Dean and Sam were going through Bobby's things back at the motel room to try and find something while Brit and I said we would try to go find a "decent food place" as Sam put it. But really for a good 45 minutes we were just driving around...wasting gas, yea, but I just didn't want to go back yet. And I knew that once we found food we would have to go bring it back to the boys.