I Trust You...I Think

+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~

I coughed as I felt smoke going into my lungs. I looked around and saw a fire had started. I cursed at myself and my oh so ingenious plans. I grunted as I grabbed a hold of Brit, unhooking her from the machines and I started to drag her out of the back. I needed to find whatever strength I had left in me to just get her out of here.

"Melissa!" I heard a voice as I was trying to drag her across the pavement.

I turned and saw Bobby running toward us. "Bobby!" I sighed with relief.

"What the hell..."

"Hurry, take her. I need to get the people that are still in there" I said, shoving Brit into his arms

"But, Melissa..." he started but I already headed back in there.

I grabbed a hold of both of the paramedics and managed to lift one over my shoulder...it was a good thing she was just a petite girl...and I began to drag the other. I saw Bobby was at the back doors, ready to grab one from me and I saw Brit was a safe distance away so I handed him the guy and jumped out to rush the girl away from the flaming ambulance. But, then I turned to run back in to get the man who was behind the wheel and the ambulance blew up. I froze in my spot, staring wide-eyed at the flames. I realized I still tried to go save the man but Bobby had grabbed a hold of my wrist to stop me.

"He's gone, Mel...you did all you could" I couldn't even respond though. "Come on, we need to get Brit out of here" he murmured.

That made me snap out of it. "Yea, lets go" I agreed. So, he went and lifted her up and we went to make a plan.

~~

I got in my doctor get up and I went looking for Dean's room. I managed to steal his chart and I got to the room just in time to see a bunch of other doctors rushing in there. I rushed over to his bed, acting like I knew what I was doing. But, in fact, I caught on and realized they were about to pop his leg back into place.

"I got it, I got it. Hold him down. We set on three..." I instructed as I grabbed a hold of his leg. No one was going to fix him but me.

I noticed he started to wake up so I wanted to do it before he had full consciousness. "One, two, three, set!" I yelled and I popped his leg back into place as I had some help from nurses.

He shot up in his spot, yelling out in pain as other nurses were trying to restrain him. He laid back and groaned.

"Just relax" I tried, hoping he would recognize my voice.

"Where am I?" he looked around.

He was too far into panic mode to recognize anything right now. "You're at the hospital" a nurse told him.

"Which one?"

"Sioux Falls General" she said and I noticed her give him a shot.

"Where's my brother? We got to go"

"He bashed his head quite seriously. He's gone up for an MRI" the nurse said.

"Okay. I got to go"

"You're not going anywhere on this leg, sweetheart" I said as I moved up to his eyes.

I pulled my mask down so he could see my face and I could tell he realized it was me because he held his eyes with mine. "Relax...it's going to be okay" I promised him.

I think he nodded slightly before he blacked out but I could be mistaken. "Okay, if something goes wrong in this room, go on the loudspeaker and call Dr. Rosenboom. That's me. I'm new but I'm the best. This is now my patient" I ordered and they all nodded obediently.