New Profession

heyy guys, just a filler. im trying to pace myself with the chapters since we're on a holiday hellatus so be patient with me and understand tht i have a reason for my madness :)

+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~~+~+~+~+~

So...I can officially cross off professional pole dancing off my bucket list. Eh, no big deal. I was bored and saw Dean flirting with some waitress and it really wasn't hard to get a job in that bar. So, I quickly got up on the stage in my bra and underwear and started dancing around a pole...and I have to say it was actually kind of fun. I was even interacting with some of the other dancers and they were laughing...which I never witnessed before: a pole dancer laughing. Then, Dean looked over and saw me and I could tell he was in shock. Him and the waitress exchanged some words but she walked away smiling and then he came walking over to where the huge crowd of guys was now and he was laughing as he held out a 20, leaning forward on the stage on his elbows. I swung around on the pole, snatched his 20 in my mouth and slid in front of him, getting right in his face, smirking. I was having fun, that's all that mattered, right?

We left...once I got my clothes back on. "I think I just found a new way for me and Brit to hussle for money" I said, excitedly, jumping around, waving my new money in the air.

"Yea, I don't think so" he chuckled.

"Why not? I'm good at it. This money could pay for a motel room and breakfast the next morning"

"Find a different profession, Mel" he still chuckled.

"Hmph" I replied and stuck the money in my back pocket.

"I've never seen hookers and pole dancers laugh before though" he stated.

"Yea me either...some of them didn't look too happy with me though"

"Yea, you were kind of the center of attention up there"

"Hey, not my fault they wish they had all of this" I joked.

He laughed. For a moment...I really felt like everything was okay...for us...for the world...but we're in reality...where leviathans want to rule and demons roam around for their own sick play and ghosts kill for vengeance. I smiled at the ground for a second...and then I looked back up at him and saw he was just staring at me.

"Mel..." he said and stopped walking so I faced him.

"What is it?"

"I can't keep doing this. I can't just keep being around you and pretend like there's nothing...here" he gestured to us.

"Then, I'll make it easy for you, Dean. I'll leave" I laughed a little like it was the most obvious answer in the world.

"But, I can't let you do that either...it'll hurt too much"

"Since when does Dean Winchester show this much emotion?"

"Well, I'm trying something new" I crossed my arms.

"Then, what do you suggest we do, Dean?" I asked, lightly.

"You really want me to tell you?" He came closer to me, putting a hand to my waist and tried to kiss me.

"I can't" I turned my head.

"Why not?" he murmured.

He didn't get angry or annoyed. He just kept his face close to mine and simply asked me why. I looked back at him.