Just Cause You're Blood Doesn't Mean You're Family

Then, the lights came on. "Bobby and Rufus get the lights on?" I wondered.

"Guess again" a voice sang.

We all turned and saw Mel come sauntering in and we all became tense. "What's wrong, guys? Aren't you happy to see me?" she asked.

She wasn't nasally anymore and she didn't look drained...she looked more powerful than ever. "Get out of her, you son of a bitch!" Dean spat and stalked toward her.

But, she didn't flinch. "You wont hurt me, sugar. You don't have it in you...but...what if...I were to do something like this" she asked and then in the blink of an eye she was behind Sam with a knife up against his neck.

Dean and I both pulled out guns. "Did I hit a nerve? Hmmm" she smirked.

"Don't do it, Melissa" I warned.

"I think I might take him to go" she said and started to slowly make her way to the door with Sam as her shield.

"Melissa! Don't make me shoot you" Dean pleaded and I could hear the vulnerability in his voice.

"Oh come on, Deany-boy. Take a shot at me. I'll give you a free-be" she said and tossed Sam to the side to open her arms up.

Dean's eyes widened but he lowered his gun. "No? Hmm okay. Guess Sammy has to pay the price for that one" she said and pulled her arm back to throw her knife at him.

But then a gun shot went off. I spun to look at Dean and saw it didn't come from Dean's gun. Mel fell to her knees and we all saw it was from Rufus' gun.

"No!" Dean grunted and tried to get to Mel.

"Dean! No!" Sam yelled at him as he and I held him back.

Mel shot to her feet, hissed at Rufus, rushed up to him, grabbed him by the neck to throw him to the side. "Melissa, I..." Bobby started but Mel grabbed him by the throat and lifted him up.

Dean was still pointing his gun at her but he wasn't shooting or moving. I froze in my spot as everything was just moving so fast...and then I pulled the trigger. I saw Rufus' shot just got her in the shoulder and I did my best to aim for the same hole, or the same area at least. She hissed at all of us again and then threw Bobby to the side and raced out of the room.

Sam and I raced to Bobby and Rufus to make sure they were alright. "Remind me to give that girl a beating later" Bobby grunted.

"Make that two" Rufus said.

We all looked at Dean and saw he was still standing there, just staring at the doorway with his gun still pointed. I walked over to him and put my hands on his gun to gently put it down and I got him to look at me.

"Why don't you kids take a breather" Bobby suggested.

Dean looked up at him and everyone. "We're good" he said.

"We're about to crack open your grandpa's grapefruit and your girlfriend just tried taking your heads off. Take a breather" he insisted.

I wrapped an arm around his waist and ushered him out as Sam followed and he shut the doors. Dean paced as he hung his head back and ran his hands over his face.

"Dean, just breathe" Sam instructed.

"Don't tell me to breathe, Sam!" he grunted and pointed at him in a threatening way. I saw some tears build up in his eyes though. "I couldn't shoot her...I can't...Brit could...and I couldn't..." he muttered.

"It's okay, man" Sam said.

"How, Sam? How is it okay?" his voice cracked.

But, then, I saw Samuel just sit up in his spot. "Guys!" I yelled as he flew Bobby and Rufus to the side and jammed a table leg through the door handles.