Love, Sex And Other Things Part 3

They told me it was Roy, Brenna's husband. I was going to kill the bastard. But, they wouldn't let me just leave and drive over there...recklessly of course. I felt bad when they told me how they remembered the way they thought had killed Roy...and then how they killed the other men in that warehouse in cold blood and then burned the building to the ground. I was pacing more as Sam called Brenna and when they hung up, he said she wanted him to swing by and said it was no big deal but that she was in trouble.

So I sped us all to Brenna's house and we saw there was a light on in the shed so that's where we went.

"My spidey senses are tingling" I quipped.

They both shushed me and we saw some cocooned bodies covered in some kind of spider wed crap. I looked around...and saw one was actually moving...fighting to get out...that was Mel.

I rushed over to her and I made a disgusted face as I used my hands to separate the web stuff and she threw her head forward to take a deep breath and she coughed a little. I smiled as relief rushed over me.

"Oh, thank god" I said as I put her head in my hands and got her to look up at me. "Are you alright?"

"Yea, I'm fine. Just get me out of this crap...how did you know I was in this one?"

"Yea, like you can sit still for two seconds" I grinned at her, pulling out my knife.

She smiled back...but then her eyes widened. "Dean" she breathed out and nodded her head in a direction.

I turned to see a creepy looking guy standing behind Sam and Brit. I assumed he was Roy. I stalked over to him but he threw me across the room and then he threw Brit and Sam as well and he covered us with the spider wed crap so all four of us were side by side stuck to the wall.

"You got to admit I look good, guys. Well, except for your little souvenir" he gestured to the bullet scar in his head.

"You win. I'm the one that pulled the trigger on you. Let the others go and let Brenna go. This has nothing to do with her" Sam tried.

"It isn't just because of you, Sam...you shot me once...and then she shot me more times to make sure I was dead..." he gestured to Brit. "And so you two start to come back around, start hanging out with my wife, and you think this has nothing to do with her? But, then...you thought I was out of the way, right? So, you thought it would be okay to bring yourself and your dirty mistress around here"

"Hey, I am no ones dirty mistress!" Mel defended.

"Babe, just shut up, okay?" I tried.

"How did you find out about me and Sam anyway?" she ignored me.

Couldn't she just listen to me for once and not instigate anything that might kill her?

"I have my own kind of connections...that kind of just slipped up into the air...but I got to say, Sam, Brittney...you get a hell of a lot wrong. Like that thing you threw me to. You thought it was here to feed"

"She was here to breed" Brit assumed.

"Yeah. That thing was playing the mating game, and I guess I fit her profile...me and all those other poor bastards. She bit us to turn us into what she was. By the time you pulled that trigger, Sam, I wasn't human. Not anymore. So bullets didn't hurt me much. Oh, and neither did fire"

I saw a shard of glass and started to try and reach for it and get my hand free of the bedding. "So after you left, well, we ran. Me...I hid for months, nearly starved. But you know what kept me going? Every night, I dreamed about ripping your throats out. I thought I was sending you a neon sign. The text? Taking all those girls you screwed? I was kicking so much sand in your eye, I couldn't figure out why you weren't getting it! Then Bren tells me you've got brain damage. It's just too good...I was going to take Brittney next but when I found out what I did about your little friend, I just couldn't resist"