Alphas And Babies

+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~

Chris and Abbey were upstairs in the new house, claiming their new room while Jesse and I were putting kitchen stuff away into cabinets. I looked down at Jesse in awe and sadness. It wasn't fair to him to be moving around like this, so much. Sometimes, I wonder if he would just be better off back in Australia with that nice family he told us about. But, I was in awe because he never complained. Not once. But, he has to want to complain, right? He's still like any other kid...minus the powers. I opened my mouth to see what he was thinking about.

"This box is done, I'm going to go for a walk with Maya" he said and went to walk out of the kitchen but Dean walked in first with two more boxes and Maya was trailing behind him.

"Hey, where's the fire?" he asked, setting down the boxes.

"I was just going to go check out the block with Maya"

"And let your mom unpack the kitchen and the living room by herself? Come on..."

Jesse sighed and opened up the other kitchen box. "Where are Abbey and Chris?" Dean looked up at me.

"Upstairs, setting up their room" Then, I looked down at Jesse. "We'll go out to dinner later and scope out the neighborhood...right?" My eyes landed on Dean.

He looked from me, to him, back to me and I gave him a look. He brought a smile to his face. "Yeah, sounds like a plan...come on, why don't you give me a hand?" he suggested to Jesse. He smiled lightly up at Dean and they both walked out of the kitchen.

Abbey came down to me and started to help...my mind was somewhere else though...and she knew it. "You don't like it here already?" she tried to joke.

I forced a smile at her. "It's not that...it's just with knowing that Sam and Brit are still alive and out there, hunting, while I'm here, being a soccer mom and a house wife...and don't get me wrong, I am not complaining one bit, I actually kind of really like it..."

"But..."

I sighed and stopped what I was doing to turn around and just lean on the corner and she did the same. "But, it just doesn't feel right...and Dean has become this overbearingly overprotective guy..."

"He's just worried. Is it really so bad that he cares about his family?"

"No, of course not. But, even as hunters, there has to be some kind of line...we cant all just be caged up in the house forever...and he acts like he's the only hunter here, like I cant take care of myself and like I cant take care of you guys if need be..."

"It's just male instinct to protect his family, hon. He isn't just an ex-hunter, he's a regular family guy who needs to feel like his woman and his son are protected at all times. Just let him do his thing and try to put up with it"

"How's Chris, though?"

"He's fine. You're not his woman and now that Dean's here, Jesse's not his son. All he needs is to feel like he's protecting me, and he knows I'm protected if he knows Dean knows what he's doing. If Dean says we need to leave, Chris may have an inferior complex for a split second but Dean has a way of making him not feel that way, and then Chris will understand the situation and make sure I'm safe..."

"Jesse will always be partially yours and Chris' son" I smiled at her. "And Chris does an excellent job protecting you...especially since he barely knows what's going on half the time"

She laughed a little and so did I...but then I felt a slightly dizzy and a little queasy. "Mel...you okay?" Abbey asked.

I gripped onto the counter. "Yeah..."