Unconvincing

I felt eyes watching me sleep and I was a little creeped out at first...but I analyze the gaze I was feeling...and the presence I was feeling...it seemed different but still all the same. I slowly turned around and instead of me seeing the starry sky, through the window...I saw Dean standing there, keeping his distance but watching me carefully. I sat up in my spot, slowly and I analyzed him as I turned the lamp on. He cringed and squinted but tried to make it unnoticeable...he failed miserably. I saw Maya was still sleeping soundly. Yeah, good watch dog, Maya. I just shook my head at her but put all my attention on Dean.

"Dean" I breathed out. 

"Hey" he said gently and sat at the foot of the bed.

I swung my legs around so we were side by side but not close enough to satisfy me. "You got me worried when you didn't call back right away..." I murmured.

"I'm sorry..."

"And I wasn't expecting you for a few more days at least"

"I know...but I wanted to see you" he said, honestly.

He managed to look up and when his eyes met mine, he seemed to be in less pain. "Dean...what happened? Are you okay?" I asked, even though I was pretty sure I already knew the answer.

"Listen..."

"What's going on?

"It doesn't matter...but you need to know...you and Jesse...[i]and[/i] Chris and Abbey...just tell them I said thanks...okay? For everything. And Mel..."

"Don't finish whatever you want to say. You're scaring me" I said, sternly as I went to get closer to him. But, he stood to his feet and walked away a few feet. I stood up quickly.

"Oh god, I'm Pattinson" I heard him mutter.

"Pattinson? What? Dean..."

"I have to go..."

He tried for the door but I grabbed his arm to stop him. "No. You cant just whoosh in, act weird, talk like that and then leave. I wont let you"

"Believe me, I wish it was different..."

"Just freakin tell me what's going on, Dean...you got turned, didn't you"

He didn't respond though...he still hasn't even turned to look at me...he just didn't pull away either. "I cant bring this crap home to you, Mel...and I especially cant bring it home to Jesse, Abbey and Chris...my life is ugly and violent and I'm gonna die. Soon"

I made him turn around so I could put his face in my hands and have his green eyes stare into my blue ones.

"Since when does your life not include me? Since when did we turn into I?" He brought his hand up to mine, still squinting some. "Shut your eyes" I spoke gently and he obeyed. "We'll find a way to help you...there has to be something we can do"

"Melissa, unless there's some kind of vamp cure you know about that I don't, I don't see how we can do anything about this"

"Well, I'm not just going to sit here and do nothing..."

"Melissa!" he grunted and shoved me up against the wall and pinned me there.

I jumped slightly and felt my heart race slightly, but it wasn't because I was scared, because I wasn't scared, but it was from the closeness of our faces. I glanced down at his lips but then back up to the eyes that get me every time. His lips were about to touch mine but then he jumped away, with his back facing me. I heard some kind of noise...but I knew right away what it was. His retractable teeth were coming out.