Mother Of All

We got back to the motel and tried to find whatever else we could find. Brit and Sam were sitting close together, sharing Sam’s laptop while Dean was at the bulletin board of pictures and maps that we put up and I thought I’d bother him so I walked over to him to just leaned on the wall next to him and turned my head to look at him. His eyes twitched toward me but tried to keep them on the tacks on the board.

"What?" he kind of snapped.

“Nothing” I shrugged and looked straight ahead.

“Mel…you’re distracting me” he sang, sarcastically.

“Hmm am I? I didn’t know I had such a power” I said, also sarcastically.

He smiled at me and started to come closer to me but stopped when Brit grunted at the laptop. “This isn’t possible” Sam said. “Try us” Dean and I said, still close together but we looked over at them.

“We googled 'fire,' 'claws,' 'flying,'…” Brit started. “'Stealing virgins,' and 'gold,'…and it all takes me to the same place” Sam finished.

“Where?” I asked.

“"World of Warcraft" fansites”

“Umm I don’t know what that means” Dean said and looked at me. “Got me” I shrugged, crossing my arms.

“Dragons, guys” Brit said. We both made a face. “See? Told you. Not possible” Sam said. "Well, ya never know” I tried.

“How? In what reality?”

“It's been a strange year” Dean said…which was an understatement. “We should get a second opinion” I said and looked at Dean.

He nodded and pulled out his cell phone as he sat on the couch. I fell onto the bed and rolled onto my back so I was hanging upside down, staring at Dean while he called Bobby. I was too tired to listen in though. But, I watched him as his facial expression changed a few times…then he finished up and hung up.

“Bobby say anything?” Brit asked. “Nope” he replied…but he was hiding something.

I just sighed and grabbed some papers to research a little and it felt like forever went by. Brit was now on her own laptop, dean wa son Sam’s and Sam was looking through John’s journal.

“Dad never wrote anything about dragons. I promise. I'd remember if I read "The Never-ending Story" in there” Dean said.

“I know…”

“Hey, did we hunt a skinwalker lately?” Brit asked. I tensed as I turned onto my stomach. “Doesn’t ring a bell. Why?” I lied. “I don't know. Just...deja vu or something” she shrugged.

“Are you guys sure?” Sam asked. “Yea, pretty sure” Dean said. “You gotta remember your eggs are still a little scrambled” I pointed out.

“Alright” Brit sighed. “Yea…never mind” Sam added.

Dean and I discreetly exchanged a look as my eyes met his but then his phone began to ring. It was Bobby. He informed us of this woman named Dr. Visyak who studies medieval stuff so Dean and I were about to head out to San Francisco.

"You sure you guys don't need me to hang around...to make sure you both are still...alright? Dean doesn’t need me to go with him…" I asked.

"Mel, we're fine" Brit laughed a little. "Yea, we don't need a baby sitter 24/7" Sam added...but I couldn't help but feel like being their 'baby sitter' would be the only way to protect them.

"Come on...they’ll be fine, Mel. We're coming right back" Dean said. "Okay, be right back" I sighed as we walked out.

He slung his arm over my shoulders. "Do you really think they’ll be fine?" I looked up at him. He hesitated.