I'll Admit Part 2

Bobby

I was now standing outside some hospital...when I noticed the kid from before standing behind a wall. "Hey, kid! Hey, what are you making like a white rabbit all over the place for, you grubby little...enough with the jump scares, kid. Who are you running from?" He didn't say anything...and I got a better look at him. I knew him. "Wait a minute..."

"Did you think I was dead?" I heard Rufus say. I turned and saw him being wheeled out by a nurse. "Don't sit Shiva for me yet, Bobby" he came over to me.

I realized the kid was gone so I just looked back at Rufus. "Listen, after Bridezilla took you out, do you remember what you told me about your near-death experience?"

"I haven't told you nothin yet. But now that you mention it, pretty sure I almost crossed over"

"And what did you see?"

"What did I see? What are you so riled up about, paco? All right, all right. I saw a hallway, plaid carpet, the apartment building from when I was a kid"

"And?"

"And I wanted out. I'm not dying on no damn plaid carpet. No, thank you"

"So, what did you do?" I urged.

"Well, obviously, Bobby, not being stupid, I started looking for the damn exit door. You know, I swear that's what they mean about your life flashing before your eyes, 'cause every time I opened the door, there was another chapter inside, the good, the bad, the bloody"

"So, how did you get out?" I began to get annoyed and agitated...and obviously impatient.

"Found the right door, obviously"

"Well, how did you find it?"

"Oh, simple. I went deep"

"Deep. Like old?"

"No, deep like...crap you do not want to think about, so you bury it. You shove other crap over it and you don't go there. Ever"

"So, you're telling me that the way out is through your worst memory?"

"It's an important door, Bobby"

"Okay, this is good" I said more to myself.

"What the hell are you going on about, anyway?"

I took out the piece of paper, I wrote down the code on and I showed him. "This. I got to find the right door to get this to Sam, Dean and the girls. I'm in a coma, Rufus, right now"

"Get out" he laughed.

"I got shot in the dunce cap, Rufus. I'm dyin" I was a little sick at the thought...but I was more sick at the thought of leaving those idgets to fend for themselves. I had to get back...and fast.

"You sure?"

"Unfortunately"

"I'll be a prima ballerina. Wait, wait, Bobby. Are you trying to tell me I'm just one of your better memories?"

"Would I make this up?" Then, everything started to shake and there was thunder, like before. "Okay. I got to go"

"What?"

"You're coming with me, Rufus. I need my partner on this. Please" I begged as everything stopped shaking. He just stared at me at first...but I knew he would come.

So we began to walk toward the hospital. "Aim for your worst memory. Think. Focus. You got it? The worst, okay?" he told me.

"I got a metric ton of worst"