Fake It Till We Make It Part 3

So we started to follow. We ended up following it to some abandoned building and watched the women park the truck and drag the guy inside. “All right” Dean said happily, holding his fist out to Krissy.

“What century is this? No one fist-bumps anymore”

“Come on. Give it up. Good work” he said, wiggling his fist.

I eyed them both, wondering if she would really fall for it. “You're a dweeb” she said to him.

He wiggled his fist again and then she actually put her fist up to put it against his but he quickly grabbed her hand and handcuffed her to the steering wheel. “What the hell?”

“I got an idea. How 'bout you stay here?”

“Oh, you jackass”

“Yeah, well, I'm the jackass who ain't bringing a kid in there, period”

“Why? I can do everything you can do”

“We'll bring them back, Krissy. Trust us” I said, gently.

“Please, they're probably dead”

“You don't know that”

“It's been days. Probably just a pile of meat. I've seen it. People die, guys. I watched my mom get torn to shreds. Let me go in there and kill them”

“No. Sorry”

“You're both such hypocrites. How come you two get to do it and I don't?”

“Because we’re the grown-ups!” we both told her, which caused us to glance at each other.

But then I looked back at Krissy and held out my hand. “Give it to me”

“What?”

“Your lock pick. I will frisk you” I said to her. So then she handed it to me. “Thank you…we’ll be right back. I promise” I told her and then Dean and I got out and started walking away.

I picked the lock to the door and we walked inside but then stopped. “I’ll go in first and try to get one down at least. You listen in and then come in” he said.

I just nodded. I really didn’t even want to look at him, let alone be around him, working with him on this rescue mission. So he walked around the corner and headed down a hallway. I was able to hear a set of slow, irregular heart beats and who ever they belonged to the breathing was really messed up. There were three of them. I could only hope they belonged to Brit, Sam and Krissy’s dad, Lee. Then, I heard a girl talking.

“Good thing we picked up a new one. This one's about tapped out. You want to finish him together?”

“Sure. Love to”

“Not so fast” was the next thing I heard the girl say and then multiple thumps.

“God damn it, Dean” I muttered and started running.

I ran to where everyone was and saw the waitress had Dean pinned against a metal cage so I quickly picked up a metal bar and hit it against the back of the waitress’ head and she fell to the floor. “That’s for giving me this huge welt, ya bitch” I spat.

Then the other one came running at me as well and I spun, kicking her in the face but then she quickly countered back with a punch, causing me to stumble back. Then, she threw me against a bunch of wooden boxes but when I looked, I saw Dean got in front of me and started to fight her, himself and he got her to the floor. Then he came over to me, grabbed my hand and helped me up. I just stared into his eyes for a long moment.