Just Tell Me...

-Loren's POV-

I sighed gently as Mr. Chair led the way through the winding corridors. This was so stressful.

“Mr. Chair... Why did you just run off after the party was over?” I wondered.

“Because.” He replied bluntly.

“Mr. Chair-”

“Hush, Loren. I hear something.” Mr. Chair shushed me. I sighed again and shut my mouth.

“Follow me there is a monster up ahead.” Mr. Chair whispered and went back down the hall until we reached a room. Conveniently, there was a wardrobe inside, but only one so me and Mr. Chair squeezed inside.

The rustle and groans that signified a monster grew closer. I took a chance.

“Fine, if you are going to start being mean and ignoring me, fine. It's not like I haven't dealt with that before, jerk. But if you are, then there is something I want from you first.” I whispered.

“What?” Mr. Chair whispered back and I swear I could almost hear pain in his voice. He was crouched over me in the small space, so it wasn't hard for me to reach up and plant my lips on his. I closed my eyes and just let myself enjoy this kiss, feeling like it would be the last one we shared. Surprisingly, Mr. Chair grabbed my face and deepened the kiss.

I never wanted this moment to end.

But, I was also very confused. Why would he want to start being mean to me, but he still wants to kiss me like this? I heard the monster pass, and Mr. Chair pulled away, but he left his forehead against mine.

“Please... why are you doing this...?” I questioned sadly.

“It's for you own good, Loren. I love you. I just want you to be safe.” Mr. Chair murmured, defiantly pained now. I felt something wet fall on my cheek, and Mr. Chair opened up the wardrobe and jumped out. I felt my cheek and realized it was water. Mr. Chair had been crying. I let a tear of my own slide down my cheek as I followed Mr. Chair out.