Awakening

“Loren! Hurry up! I want to continue the video!” I called from my room. Loren was taking way too long to get chips from the kitchen.

              “I’m coming, Jesus man!” Loren called back also wanting to continue watching the Swedish YouTuber.

                “What took you so long?” I scowled playfully as she came in.

                “Sorry that I like to take my time!” Loren replied.

                “Well, hurry up!” I told her.

                Loren started to walk as slowly as possible, wearing her classic creeper smile, just to get on my nerves.

                  “Fine, I’m going to start the video without you!” I replied pushing the play button.

                “How’s it going, Bros?! My name is Peeewdiepie!!” He over extended the e in his name with this little tune that I loved. The familiar greeting filled the ear my ear bud was resting in. 

                “Hey, butt face!” Loren protested rushing forward and putting her ear bud in.

                “I love watching him play Amnesia,” I told her laughing after a moment, “He makes it so funny! And to think, he said he didn’t like to make jokes in horror games when he first started!”

                “I know!” Loren replied laughing as well. Twenty minutes later, which was only one video, my mom popped her head through my door.

                “Time to go to bed girls,” She told us.

                “Aaaaahh,” We complained but shut the laptop.

                Mom laughed, “Yes, even seventeen year olds need their rest. Now, go get ready. Don’t forget to brush your teeth!” Mom reminded us as she walked away.

                I walked into the bathroom and looked at myself in the mirror. I was kind of short for my age. Loren was taller than me. My light brown hair was short. It came just below my ears, my hair had the kind of swooped over style I liked. My skin was pale, but I liked it that way. I looked my relfection in the eyes. Today, they were a bright blue, but they tend to change from blue to gray and even green sometimes. I smiled at my relfection and proceeded to brush my teeth.

                When I was finished, I looked toward Loren who had just come in. Her dark brown hair was long and curly. Her eyes matched her dark hair. Loren's skin was much tanner than mine, but I didn't mind. She was long a slim, that bothered me. I had always been shorter than her even though I was the older of the two by about nine months. I was also jealous of her slim stomach. No matter how hard I tried, my stomach wouldn't get any slimmer. I guess you could call me chubby, but it wasn't tobad.

                After we had finished brushing our teeth we went back to our bedroom and flopped down on the two matresses layed down on the floor. My family, Loren, and I, had just moved into this house and we had neglected to get our bed frames set up. 

                Loren wasn't actually related to me. She was a good friend of mine and my family adopted her, but that is a story for another time.

              “Goodnight Emara,” Loren got out sleepily.

              “Goodnight…” I yawned. Usually it takes me forever to fall asleep, because I have insomnia, but tonight was different. It seemed like as soon as my head hit the pillow I was out. I just when with it; I didn’t even think about my sleeping pills for my insomnia.