The Search

-Stephano's POV-

I woke up to the sun in my face. I yawned and turned over, expecting to see Emara sitting next to me, but the spot was empty. I didn't really think about it in my half asleep state, thinking she had gotten up before. It was only later that I truly realized what happened.

“Emara?” someone called.

“She's not here...” I murmured.

“Oh, God... Stephano, she's not anywhere!”

I opened my eyes. It finally sunk in. I was up in an instant. Pewdiepie was standing in the doorway with a freaked out expression on his face. Gosh dang-it Stephano! Everything has been so quiet lately. We had a fricken party for crying out loud! I didn't have a reason to think that we still needed to be super careful.

“Do we have any clues to where she might have gone!?” I demanded.

“No! There's nothing!” Pewdie exclaimed.

I felt a sinking feeling in my chest.

“Alright, we need to go round up everyone. I mean everyone. We need to look all over. Look for weapons. We need to arm everyone.” I commanded.

“Right.” Pewdie ran off. That's when I spotted Emara's weapon. I hadn't even moved from the place she put it. I didn't know what to think about that.

I would think that if she were to have been kidnapped out of the room, she probably would have tried to grab it, for it was in arms reach, but then she probably would have caused enough commotion to wake me up, or someone else. We could have been drugged somehow. Perhaps the food. Someone at the party could have tampered with the food, but not everyone ate the food.

There's something I'm missing here.

Perhaps she went out and hasn't returned. Or maybe she went out and was taken or attacked! No... Don't think like that! I'm sure she's fine! I shook my head and took a deep breath. I needed to have a clear head. I picked up her sword and went to join the other.

“Everyone's here, Stephano. All except Barrel. I checked his room, but no one was there. I left him a note explaining the situation.” Pewdie explained to me as I approached the group, who had converged in the party room once more.

“Alright,” I spoke to everyone, “As you all are probably aware, Emara is missing, we need to locate her before something bad happens. We will split into teams. Gonzales, you go with Jennifer. Pewdie with me. Piggeh, I want you to take Kera and Ella, which leaves Mr. Chair and Loren. Split up and search for her.”

Everyone agreed to their teams and started off. Pewdie informed me that they had already gathered weapons, or informed them that they needed weapons. I nodded and started heading towards the center area of the castle more towards Barrel's area. I figured, he was the only one who hadn't shown up, it was most likely that he took her.

That lying wad of fleas is going to pay for this.

“Who?” Pewdie asked.

“What?”

“You said something about a wad of fleas...?”

“Barrel. He didn't show up, he wasn't in his room. Where would he be if not with Emara. I bet he's got her.” I growled.

“Stephano.”

“What!?”

“Listen. I don't like Barrel just as much as you do. I think he's conspiring with the monsters, but just because he's the most likely of candidates, we never actually got any proof to prove he was conspiring with the monsters. All I'm saying is don't let you hate blind you, alright?” Pewdie pleaded.

I sighed, “I'll do my best.”

“Thank you.”  

I sighed, but didn't respond.