Gonzales the Protector

-Gonzales's POV-

"AAAAHHH!!" Someone screamed.

I was up in an instant, fully alert. I scanned the room to find someone was missing. Ella.

"Ugh, what have you gotten yourself into!?" I demanded. The scream came again. I was gone in a flash, jumping over people's waking forms and out the door. I zoomed down the hallway in pursuit of the scream's source. I flew around a corner to see Barrel holding Ella in his arms. She was unconscious.

"Get away from her!" I screamed at my former partner.

"I swear, I didn't do anything!" Barrel insisted. I couldn't tell wether or not he was telling the truth.

"I don't care what you think you didn't do! Put Ella down!" I commanded.

Barrel frowned sadly at me but did as he was told. He rested Ella on the ground softly and stepped away with his hands raised. I moved forward and picked Ella up just as the rest of the gang showed up.

Emara gasped, "What happened?"

Barrel, who was eager to convince everyone of his innocence, quickly stated, "I was wondering about the castle when I happened upon Ella out and about. I advised her to return to the room immediately, but she wouldn't listen to me! Then, all of a sudden, she started screaming and holding her head! I swear it to be truthful!"

"Like we would believe you!" Stephano screamed, "You were probably trying to kidnapper or something! Then when she was screaming for help, you knocked her out to keep her quiet!"

"No, please, I was not doing anything of that sort!" Barrel exclaimed.

"I don't see why we should believe you!" Mr. Chair countered.

"Stop, what if he's telling the truth!?" Loren said firmly.

"Everyone, STOP!" Emara demanded. Everyone suddenly became silent and focused on Emara. I didn't really care much for what she had to say, being as I was mostly still concerned for Ella, but I figured I might as well listen. Though I haven't known her very long, I have been able to see that there is something about Emara that allows her to know exactly what needs to be said when it needs to be said.

"Barrel is telling the truth!" She exclaimed. This wasn't exactly what I was expecting her to say but, never the less, it was what needed to be said.

"How do you know!?" Stephano demanded. Stephano, on the other hand, thought every problem could be fixed simply with brute force, but I had no room to talk. I was the same way.

"I can read emotions! I can tell whether or not a person is lying, and I know that Barrel is being truthful!" She explained angrily.

"I'm sorry. I wasn't trying to hurt anyone, I think I should go now..." Barrel mumbled quietly. Just before he left I noticed Emara giving Barrel a look I couldn't quite decipher. I shrugged it off. I knew that the two of them had met before. Maybe it had something to do with what happens before. If so, it's none of my business.

"Come on, let's just head back." I grumbled as I started back the way we'd come, carrying Ella in my arms. The others soon followed. When we had arrived back at the room I proceeded to lay Ella down on a bed.

"Ugh, we can't trust that fiend! Even if he was telling the truth, he could have done anything with Ella if we hadn't come when we did! We can't allow something like this to happen again!" Stephano screamed and pounded his fist in the wall.

"I'm with Stephano!" Pewdie exclaimed. I nodded as well, and then dubbed over in pain.

"Gonzales!" Pewdie yelled frightened.

"I'm... fine... GAH!" I breathed but I couldn't stop myself from yelling out in pain.

"You're not fine! Lay down on the other bed, we need to check your wounds." Loren commanded.

I sighed, but did as I was told. I screamed out in pain again after laying on the bed.

"Ah! Are you sure this was the right ide-AAAAAAH!?" I demanded.

Mr. Chair and Loren ran over and quickly started to cut off my bandages. As soon as they were off, the two of them stood gaping at my necked torso. At any other moment I would have made some snide remark but this time I said, "What!? What are you looking at!?"

Oh, uh... it's just that... it's healed remarkably since I last looked at your wound. It should have taken at least a week for it to have healed this much!" Mr. Chair explained.

"Well, that's good I guess, but why does it still hurt so much!?" I demanded.

"I'm not sure!" Mr. Chair exclaimed.

"Come on! We have to get theses bandages back in quickly! Stop quacking and help me!" Loren exclaimed.

"Right." Mr. Chair mumbled and began to work again. Just as he did, another wave of pain consumed me, I passed out.

-----

There after I don't even know how long the next chapter is up...

I'm really sorry about all this crap. I promise, I will try and update regularly again.

Ugh...