Everyone laughed and I felt extremely happy in that moment. Being surrounded by friends (And Scott) and just enjoying each others company was the best feeling in the world.

"I'm hurt too. And not just because Jeremy is an asshole. I don't know how you put up with him, Scott." Kirstie sighed.

"Yeah, he can be a dick sometimes." Scott admitted. "But he's just my best friend, y'know?"

"Well maybe you need to make new friends, and maybe I need a new boyfriend."

"Oh come on Kirst, it's not that serious. He just wanted to see the game." I say, trying to make Kirstie realize that they could still have a good night together. "You've still got a whole dance with him."

"Yeah, Mitch is right." Nicole agrees with a nod.

"Whatever." Kirstie huffs.

I look to Scott and he just shrugs. 

"Can I borrow you jacket?" I ask him.

"Oh yeah, of course." He stands up and quickly hands it to me. "You cold?"

"A little. I just feel... exposed." I admit, my anxiety on the rise being out on public in a dress.

He helps me put my arms through the wholes of the jacket and Nicole watches, suspiciously eyeing the interaction of us.

"You look beautiful by the way, Mitch." Kirstie says. "I don't think I've told you yet. Your dress is gorgeous and I love the way you did your hair."

I blushed a little at her trying to make me feel less insecure. "That means a lot, thanks."

--

Soon we're all at the dance just enjoying our time together and I feel free and confident once the music starts and everyone starts dancing. 

Kirstie was right about the teenage grind-fest, but I was happy considering no eyes were on me and Scott.

Nicole had found some boy to dance with, I spotted Alex dancing with Jake, and Kirstie was all over Jeremy and happy again. Which I knew she would be. 

Scott said something to me but I didn't hear him over the loud music. 

"What?!" I asked loudly.

"I said that you just look really happy right now!" He grins.

I shrug with a smile. "Well, I am."

He leans down to kiss my cheek and that's when my anxiety kicks up.

"Shh." He cooes. "No one is gonna judge us, and if they do then fuck them."

I shake my head. "No, Scott. Neither of us are ready to expose our relationship yet"

"Yeah, you're probably right. But I really want to kiss you right now."

I pushed him back lightly. "Well, fuck off."

He pouted as the lively music switched to a romantic slow song.

I felt my heartbeat quicken. I had replayed a scene similar to this one in my dreams since the day I asked Scott to homecoming.

"May we?" He asks gently, extending a hand out toward me.

"We may." I grin.

We don't kiss like in my dream although Scott tries, but he hold me close and we sway together.

Out of my peripherals I see Nicole and when we make eye contact she smirks and kisses her dance partner.

Something tells me that that was her way of trying to get me to kiss Scott.

--

Scott takes me home and says goodnight to my parents after they take even more pictures of us and talk Scott's ear off about how long I had taken to get ready earlier.

He plays it cool and is a perfect gentleman like always, but I can see in his face that he's tired.

I try to wrap up the conversation and announce that I'll walk Scott to his car.

That of course was an excuse to kiss him, which I did the moment we were out of my parents sight of vision.

"Goodnight." I said with the taste of his lips on my smile after we pulled apart.

"God, I've been waiting to kiss you all night. Goodnight beautiful. You're so beautiful and I love you."

"You're beautiful, too." I blush.

"Well thank ya, Mitchy." Scott grins. 

"Thanks for tonight again, Scotty."

"Of course, M'lady." He says sweetly. "And thank you, too."

Other than barely talking to Alex and feeling an awkward tension when he saw me with Scott, the whole night was absolutely perfect. 

And no one really made fun of me for wearing a dress! Well, at least no one come up to me and made fun to my face. 

Also, no one made any homophobic slurs when Scott and I danced together. Not even during our slow dances!

But I knew  people would probably start suspecting things about Scott and I after tonight. However,  I got a strong feeling that we would get through it. Together.

--