Chapter 83

Destiny's perspective ~

I've been in the shower for almost 45 minutes now. The water is ice cold now, and I haven't even started with the shampoo yet. I've been busy crying. I stopped just a few minutes ago, completely out of salt tears.

I started crying right after me and Luke said bye for tonight. I cried walking out from the arena, walking past screaming fangirls who stared with surprised faces. I cried making my way home. I cried when coming home. I cried when making ready for my shower. And I cried while showering.

I love Luke with all my heart. I never wanted to hurt him. I just... He deserves to know, I don't want to lie to him.

I can't help the way I feel about Landon. I could see how hurt Luke got when I told him, but I just can't help it.

As I start to realise I'm freezing, I quickly put the shampoo in my hair. When I'm done in the shower, I take a step outside, wrapping myself into a dry towel.

I just stand there for a while, letting the water slowly drop from my hair. Eventually, I wrap the towel around my hair. I put some comfortable clothes on, also known as sweatpants and a oversized-tee.

It knocks on the door. "Destiny? Sweetie, are you done in there?"

I open the door, revealing my mom. She looks at me, just before her face softens.

"Honey, why are you crying?" She pulls me in for a hug, right after wiping away some tears from my face.

"What happened? Didn't you enjoy the concert?"

"Luke hates me" I press my wet face against her neck. "It's all my fault though - I told him that I kind of have feelings for Landon"

"Yeah, I know"

I push away a bit, studying my mom. "How?"

"Ashton" she admits, nodding towards the kitchen. "He came twenty minutes ago"

"Oh..." He left the arena? He's probably here to yell or something...

"He'd like to talk to you" mom softly strokes my cheek, giving me a smile. "I'll leave you two alone, I need to pick up some things at the store anyway"

"Thanks" I mumble. She smiles once again, before making her way towards her bedroom to get her bag.

I slowly walk towards the kitchen, knowing that I look like a messy, swollen tomato. I stop by the door, watching how Ashton quietly drums with his hand against the table. He's wearing a red bandana, hiding some of his messy curls.

"Hi" I say, coughing when I realise my voice is a worse mess than my face.

He quickly turns his eye towards me. "Hi"

I don't move, not saying anything. Ashton just stares back at me, studying my face.

"Just say it" I say, biting my bottom lip in a try to keep the tears in my eyes. "I know you want to?"

"Huh?"

"I told you so" I blink hard, trying to keep my voice steady. "Say it"

Ashton's gaze softens, and he stands up. "Is that what you think I'm here for?"

I nod, making him smile. "Des, I'm not a monster, you know"

"I know"

"I'm here because I'd just like to talk. And to be the supportive friend I used to be" he makes his way towards me, stopping a few feet away, opening up his arms in a welcoming gesture.

I don't hesitate before I throw myself in his arms, hugging him tight.

I don't even notice that I'm crying until ash strokes my back, whispering for me to calm down. "Don't cry, love"