chapter 28

Michael is asleep. Calum is hypnotizied by the Movie. Luke refuses to even look at me. He's really hard to read. Most people are like a open book to me, but Luke... In one second he's the sweetest person ever, the other he's so distance. First he openly talks about the kiss, then he refuses to look at me. It kind of pisses me off, because he was the one who started the whole thing!

God, I'm sounding like a five year old..

Anyway, she's almost midnight, and the storm isn't over. It's getting harder and harder for each minute, and I cuddle deeper down under the white blanket. Calum and Michael switched places again, since Michael absolutely 'needed' more place for his legs. His heavy arm is around my shoulder, pressing me down.

I turn my eyes to the tv. It's some comedy movie with Jim Carrey. I love Jim Carrey. He's the funniest, to be honest.

"Maybe I should call my mom?" I suddenly say.

"Destiny, calm down, hun" Calum mumbles. "Didn't you said that her boyfriend is there?"

"Well yeah, but maybe she's worried..." I mutter.

"She knew you were here, I'm sure that she's not worried about your safety, Des!" Calum assures me, with a small grin. I turn my eyes to the window, staring out. It's dark outside, probably not a surprise since she's in the middle of the night. The rain is pouring down, and the wind is loudly banging on the windows.

I'm scared.

I can't tell them though... I'm me. Destiny, and destiny isn't afraid of anything. Except letting people in - funny, since these boys easily made their way to my heart. But I am afraid. I've always been, at least as long as I can remember. Ashton knows - that boy knows everything about me - and I did receive a message earlier. It was really cute though. He seemed to be quite worried, since I always attempt to freak out when there's either a thunder storm or just some kind of hard weather. I told him I was fine, though. I mean, I wasn't really in dangerous. Michael's heavy arm feels safe around my tiny shoulder, so does his little snorts. Calum's little chuckle which

appears now and then also makes me feel comfortable. And even though Luke refuses to look at me, I still feel safe. They're all what I consider as close friends, almost like big brothers. I always feel safe and comfortable around them. I cuddle down under Michael's arm, pressing my body against his. I immediately feel calmer as I feel the sense of Michael. I like the smell of Michael. I like Michael. He's a nice dude. A nice dude with weird hair.

It's just me and Calum. Or, it's just me and Calum who's awake. Luke fell asleep around Half an hour ago, leaving me alone with Cal. I'm slowly studying him. He's letting out cute little snorts now and then, just like Michael. He looks so precious. His blond quiff is pressed under a black beanie, making him look even smaller. His eyes are closed - of course -, revealing long, black eyelashes. God, how much I care for that guy. I'm not absolutely sure in what way, but I'm pretty sure he have made his way more deeper into my heart than I ever expected. He's the part I've been missing. Landon and Taylor are great, but my relationship to them isn't as strong as it used to be. I can't tell them everything, even though I wish I could. Ashton's my brother. I'm telling him almost everything, but there's still this little part that he doesn't either understand. That's part for Luke. He understands me like no one else does. I've surprised myself lots of times since I got to know him. I never thought I would let anyone in so fast, but he... He somehow made it. I glance at his sleeping face again. He looks so innocent, so precious. Just perfect.

"You've meant a lot to him" Calum suddenly says. I turn my eyes to his with a slight blush. I guess I forgot that Calum's still awake.

"He's been a good friend" I mumble, not really sure what he meant by his words. Luke could have told him about what happened between us - twice, may I add. Maybe Michael too, but absolutely not Ashton. No, ash would probably having him dead the next morning if he found out.

"I'm actually surprised that you've welcomed us into your life so fast" Calum slowly says. "Ashton told us that it probably would take time for you to even say hi"

I chuckle.

"To be honest, I thought so too" I look up. "I don't really know why I had so easy to let you guys in"

Calum stays quiet for a while. He glance at Luke, before looking at me again.

"I'd ship it" he mumbles, adding a smile.

I'm laying in Ashton's bed. Wearing one of Ashton's huge tees.

I roll around, pressing my nose against his pillow. It smells like my best friend. He's still with his friends, since they've warned us not to walk outside. Calum went to bed quite pissed, sine he wanted to be there instead of him. I can't blame him though, that Stephanie girl seems adorable. And he really likes her.

The wind is screaming outside, and the rain is still pouring down. The fear is slowly coming back to me, now that I'm alone without the boys to protect me. They're just a few footsteps away, but I'm a grown up girl, I don't need anyone to protect me! What I guess is the bushes outside hits the window, and I bite my lip. Or maybe I do..?

I'm turning myself towards the door with terrified eyes as I hear someone coming closer. The door opens.

"Destiny?" Someone whispers with a way too loud voice. "Destiny are you awake?"

I rub my eyes, slowly sitting up.

"No" I mumble, as I realise who it is. Luke takes a step inside the room.

"I'm sorry" he mumbles. I smile.

"For what? You haven't done anything wrong"

"I forgot that you're afraid" he says.

"Did Ashton told you?" I sigh.

"No.. You did" he hesitates by the door, not really knowing what to do. I'm blushing, I can't believe that he actually remembered that. I can't remember telling him.

"C'mon" I mumble, patting on the bed. He takes a step inside, closing the door. He's still wearing the beanie, but he have changed his clothes to some black shorts and a white tee. He places himself by my feet.

"Are you doing alright?" He asks. "The storm is quite..." He travels off, laying his eyes on mine.

"Yeah... I'm just a bit scared of being alone. I wasn't worried when we sat watching the movie before" I mumble. Luke bites his lip, or at least that's what I think, it's quite dark so I'm not sure.

"Would you like me to stay?" He mumbles. "I can get my things and sleep on the floor"

I feel like crying right there and now. He's actually willing to sleep on a uncomfortable floor just so I won't feel afraid... I don't know where my strength comes from, but I take a grip of his wrist as he stands up.

"Don't be silly. You're not sleeping on the floor" I say with a low voice. I'm not sure, but I think I can see Luke smiling. I move, trying to make some place for him in the bed. He crawls down. The warmth from his bare toes close to mine are lovely. I can't help but smile - thank god he can't see it - as I place my head on the pillow. It's a quiet for a while, until I roll around, letting my face laying close to his chest. I can feel myself blushing again as his arm wraps around my waist.

"No need to be afraid babe" he mumbles. "I'm here"

___________________________

A/N ~

Idek if this chapter is short or long or whatever. Anyway, I hope you all liked it.

Today's question ~

Just tell me what you think guys :-)

Comments and votes appreciates :)

Thanks for reading x