Chapter 5

Ashton is still holding my hand, and I'm quietly standing by his side while he's talking on about his friends in front of us. Apparently, Ashton's the drummer, the Cruella De Vile dude is playing guitar, same with the blonde one in flip flops and the one with black hair is playing the bass. All one is apparently doing vocals, but Ashton says that the flip flop dude is the lead singer. He's really excited to tell me about all this, and he is easily squeezing my hand.

"Yeah, you wanna come, Des?" Ashton looks down at me with a huge smile. I turn my head towards him.

"Huh?" I ask since I didn't hear the question. Ashton lets out a laugh. Geez, that guy is laughing more than he talks..

"Would you like to come with us to the house thing we are renting?" He smiles. I raise an eyebrow.

"House thing?" I can't help but smile towards him.

"Eh! You know what I mean!" sighs Ashton.

"I'd like to.. But my friends are here, remember? And I don't want to leave them like that" I say. Ashton pouts with his bottom lip, but eventually he nods.

"Awh, okay! But we need to get our things to the house and so long. Would it be okay if I meet them some other time?" He asks, and I reply with a nod.

"Of course, ash!"

"But I need to see your mom, too! It's been ages since last time I saw her" Ashton adds.

"Yeah, she wants to meet you too" I mumble. Ashton bends down to give me a bear hug.

"Aaahh, it was so nice to meet you, Des! I've missed you like crazy!" He says as he kisses my forehead. I can't help but smile.

"Same! But hey, call or text me when you wanna meet, okay? Don't be a stranger!" I say.

"Same for you" Ashton giggles. I turn around to his friends, who's awkwardly are watching our goodbyes.

"Uhm, it was nice meeting you too, guys" I mumble. All three of them are smiling towards me. I'm surprised over the fact that I actually did say something to them. Because I'm quite quiet, and not very friendly to people except Landon Tay and Ash..

"Same! Ashton haven't stop babbling about you since he heard about our London trip" smiles the dark haired guy. I can't help but letting out a little laugh.

"Well, what can I say? I'm quite awesome" I smile. They smile back again, and I squeeze Ashton's hand.

"Bye, ash" I mumble as he gives me a small wave before I turn around to go and search for my friends.. I'm finding them all lost in the little cafeteria where we sat just half an hour ago.

"Hi guys! Sorry, I know you wanted to meet Ashton but he and his friends needed to go to their house and fix with their things and so long!" I say with an excusing smile.

"Awh, it's okay, Des! You got to meet him, that's what we were here for, right? We will just meet him some other time" says Landon, as he stands up.

"Shall we?" He asks and both me and Taylor nods. We start walking towards the car while Taylor is asking me all those questions about Ash and his bandmates. I try to answer as polite as possible, but I'm quite tired and to be honest I really don't know why she would like to know the eye colour of Ashton's bandmates..

"So what was their names?" asks Taylor.

"Uhm.. To be honest, I don't remember" I admit with a shy smile.

"Awh, that's okay! The point is that you met Ashton, right?" Taylor smiles. I slowly nod as we places ourselves in the car.

"Is it going any better with that song of yours?" Asks Landon as he starts driving. I shake my shoulders.

"Not very well. I showed my teacher what I had wrote yesterday and he said that it was way to sad and dark. I don't even know what he means but he told me to try and write something a little less sad, and a little more happy" I say with a low voice. I actually think that the beginning of the song I wrote was quite good. I understand the 'dark and sad' part though. But that's me, I'm not a happy teenage girl who paints my nails in the colour of the rainbow, or stays up all night talking on the phone with my best friends about boys.. I can't even remember the last time I listened to a really happy song.. I can't even remember the last time I was really happy.. Wait, yes I can! It was like 45 minutes ago, when Ashton's arms were around me in a tight hug. I've really missed him. It was so hard gong through Megan's death and my parents divorce all by myself. Well, I wast really alone. I had Taylor and Landon! But they didn't knew Megan like ash did, and they never really understood mine and Megan's relationship.. I smile at the thought of Ashton being in the same country, even the same city, as me.

I'm lying in my bed, trying to replay mine and Ash's meeting at the airport when it suddenly hits me. Ashton didn't wear his glasses.. I don't even know why I even react at such a small detail, but Ashton without glasses isn't my Ashton.. The Ashton I've spent every single summer together with until I was around 14 years old.. The one who knew every single expression my face could show. My best friend, me and Megan's best friend. He's not the giggling little boy with golden curls who's trying to learn me how to swim when I was five. I remember that summer. Ashton was seven, and me and Megan had turned five. Meg had learned how to swim the summer before that, but I still didn't knew how to do. Dad had tried to teach me, but it always ended up in tears coming from me.. Anyway, I remember Ashton dragging me down to the water this really sunny day. Megan was with our parents, playing with Ashton's little sister. When I refused to put my foot in the water Ashton sighed, before he lifted me up in his small arms, carrying me until the water reached my belly buttom. I remember how scared I was, but Ashton took my hand and gave me the biggest smile ever.

"Don't worry, Des! I will save you if something goes wrong. I promise!" He has said while smiling again.

"Pinky promise?"

"Pinky promise! Now go on, we don't have all day, Des!"

We stayed in the water for hours. Ashton refused to let me go until he had succeed. I cried after only five minutes. I remember how I had got water in my nose, and when Ashton laughed at me I remember slapping his bare arm. But eventually, I could swim without him holding my waist anymore. With giggling and blue lips we slowly walked hands in hands towards our parents. I remember how I proudly told my parents that I now could swim, and how they proudly took a photo of me and Ashton. When we got home, I helped mom to put the picture in this book where we keep all our memories. Under the pic we wrote the date, me and Ashton's name plus the fact that he had taught me to swim.

I smile at the memory. I really do wish I could rewind or whatever. I want to live those days all over again. This time enjoying and appreciate them more. Because it would be too late after just a few years. My eyes starts to feel heavy, and I slowly start to fall asleep, hugging the teddy bear I got from Ashton when I turned ten.

___________________________

Chapter 5 folks, any thoughts so far? Having any fav characters? Is it really fair of Destiny to blame everything on her mom? And you got access to one of Destiny's most precious memories together with ash, any thoughts on that?

ALSO! I just wanted to say thank you for over 209 reads :') thank you SO much!!

Comments and votes appreciates!

Thanks for reading xx