Chapter 80

Luke's perspective ~

"I'm so excited" Ashton throws himself in the car, smiling big. Calum and Michael laughs at him while joining him in the van. I slowly follow them. I should be just as happy as them, I mean, we're playing our first big show today. Or well, we're supporting one direction on the show, but still.

Anyway, everything is just so complicated right now. This thing with destiny makes me so tired, and just really down. I'm so madly in love, it's ridiculous. But then this jerk arrives and destroys it all.

"C'mon, Luke!" Ash looks at me. "We don't wanna be late"

"I'm coming, I'm coming" I hurry to place myself on a free seat. I'm placed next to a window, so I lean my head against it. I close my eyes.

"How can you be tired now?" Calum pokes my cheek. "We're gonna play in front of thousands of people in like three hours"

"Thousands?" Ashton's eyes grows bigger. "What if they won't like us?"

"Shut up, ash" Michael slaps his arm. "Of course they will"

"And how do you know?"

Michael sighs, starting a new conversation with Calum instead.

My thoughts leads back to Destiny. I stopped by her placed a few days ago, dropping a ticket and pass for the concert today. She wasn't home though. Her mom was, she said she had rushed away along with Taylor like an hour ago.

I chatted for a bit with her, not recognising the person destiny have described to me as her mother. I don't know if she knew about all of this when I stopped by, but she had given me a smile before saying thanks. She had thanked me for being there for her daughter and making her feel better. I like des' mom. She's nice, and her words warmed me even though I'm far away from the only reason to her daughters smiles.

-

I'm not expecting destiny to come today. She's still joining us on Friday, so I guess she wants some time with her friends first. Like Taylor. And Landon, of course. I dislike him on a high level. It's insane. I've already hit him once, but I wouldn't hesitate to do it again though. Even though he gave me a black eye.

"Geez, Luke, what happened to your eye?" Lou scans my face, pushing me down at a chair.

"I punched a dude, and he did the same back" I say, shaking my shoulders like it's no big deal at all.

"You? Luke hemmings?" And snorts. "Like you would hit someone"

"The guy kissed his girl"

"Oh, sounds complicated" Lou reach for what I guess is make up for my eye. It has the same colour as my skin.

"It is" I sigh.

"Then tell me" she lets the brush filled with skin coloured powder run around my eye.

"Why?" I frown.

"Because I want to hear, and it's good to talk about things" she looks at me through the mirror. "You can start by telling me her name, perhaps?"

"Destiny"

-

I'm placed in the sofa in our dressing room, playing the guitar while it's Michael's turn to her his hair done. He's the last one, Lou needs to be with one direction after that.

"She sounds like a nice girl" Lou says.

"She is" I mumble, letting my fingers wander over the guitar.

"It's too bad that friend of hers came home"

I glance at her. "Mhm"

"You've gotta hold on to her, Luke" she says, looking over at her daughter who's playing with Ashton for the moment. "She sounds like a keeper"