Chapter 39

I turn my eyes to the tv with a quiet sigh. Alex's here. Taylor basically sits in his lap while they're making out. Well, I knew that they were a couple, but I didn't except them to not being able to keep their hands off eachother... I really don't feel like watching them sticking their tongues down eachothers throats... Both are my friends, and I don't really feel comfortable by the sutuation...

"Uhm, maybe we could ask Stephanie if she's doing something today? Maybe she could spend the day with us?" I say, interrupting my two friends.

Taylor turns her eyes to me.

"Yeah, that sounds great! We could meet her for lunch"

I nod. Taylor giggles as Alex kisses her cheek. Ugh, they're just adorable together...

"What would you like, Des?" Alex puts his arm around my shoulder with a smile.

"I don't know... I'm not that hungry, maybe a salad?"

I've lost lots of weight since the accident. It's not like I'm starving myself, or that I want to do it, I've just lost my appetite. Both Taylor, Landon and my mom have tried to make me eat more, but they haven't really succeed.

"What about a pizza? Look, they have your favourite" Taylor smiles towards me, but I shake my head. I love pizza, but as I said, I'm not hungry.

"I'll be fine with salad" I mumble. "What about you, Steph? What would you like?" I turn around to look at Stephanie.

"Uhm, I'll take a salad too. The one with chicken!"

We order what we want, before we sit down at a table. I gave my bread to Taylor since I really didn't feel like eating bread. I've got a coke too.

"So what would you ladies like to do except having lunch today?" Asks Alex as he takes one of Taylor's french fries.

"It doesn't really matter for me" Stephanie shakes her shoulder with a small smile.

"Same" Taylor agreed with Steph. Alex turns his eyes to me.

"And you?"

"You can decide" I mumble.

"Ugh... But I don't know what girls like to do" Alex sighs, causing all three of us to smile.

"What about a movie then?" Suggests Stephanie.

"Yeah! There's this new movie we can watch!" Taylor smiles a big smile.

"What it's called?"

"I have no idea... But it was a Disney movie! And Disney movies are always the best ones"

"I admit, it was a good movie" I say as we bump down in my sofa. Alex's not here anymore, so it's just us girls left.

"Yup" Stephanie chuckles along with Taylor. We talk for a bit, before Taylor stands up.

"Who's up for ice cream and a sleepover?"

I smile. I like being with Taylor and Stephane, I don't feel shy around them. I feel like old destiny.

"I'm in" I say.

"Same!" Stephanie stands up too. "C'mon, I've got my at outside. We can go and get some ice cream right away!"

"Yeah, and then we can pick up mine and yours stuff" says Taylor.

I guess we're having the sleepover at my place then..

We grab our shoes before walking down to Stephanie's car. I slowly take a seat in it. I trust her. I do. Stephanie's a nice and calm girl, she's probably a great driver too, she wouldn't hurt me.

"Cookie dough!" Taylor reach out for the Ben and jerry ice cream. Stephanie nods.

"And these" she holds up a bag with candy.

"What about chocolate?" I reach out for a chocolate bar.

"Oh, of course, Des! We can't have a sleepover without chocolate" Taylor chuckles with a smile. I smile back at both Taylor and Stephanie.

I enjoy having some girl friends to hang out with. I've spent all summer so far hanging out with boys. It's nice to just relax and try to be myself. My old self.

___________________________

A/N ~

Short and boring chapter but whatever.

I didn't got 3 comments but I'm so excited for you guys to get chapter 40 so I posted it anyway haha :D

Comments and votes appreciates :)

Thanks for reading xx