Chapter 60

Destiny's perspective ~

I never thought I'd be able to love a person. Not like this. I loved Megan. I used to live my parents, and I love my best friends. But loving a person in a whole other way. I don't even believe in love. And yet, here I am.

I denied it when Stephanie asked me if I loved Luke. And I didn't, not then. But after hearing him saying those three little words to me, I just knew. I just knew that I felt exactly the same. I just knew that I loved him.

My body fills with a lovely warm feeling just by looking at him. His blonde hair, those blue eyes studying my room. His deep dimple as he spot the CDs thrown at my desk.

I love him. I love him. I LOVE HIM. I just want to scream out loud, letting the world know that I, Destiny Parker, am in love. In love with Luke. Luke Hemmings. And he loves me back.

He spins around, letting his eyes wander over my body before he finally meets my eyes. "I didn't knew you could draw"

"Huh?" I reach out for my jeans before I turn around, trying to find a bra.

"Your drawings" he leans down to pick up a picture I've drawn. It's half hidden under my bed, and in two pieces. Yet, he managed to find it.

"I don't draw anymore" I mutter, reaching out for a grey t-shirt before i look at him. He studies the drawing with a fascinated face. I appear by his side, trying to see what's on the two pieced paper.

Oh. It's the drawing I made of Megan. I was supposed to give it to her on Christmas, the same year as the accident. She was playing my model, wearing a white tee which makes her tanned skin glow. Her right shoulder is visible, and her long hair makes her laughing face glow.

"I didn't knew artists drew themselves?" He teases me, poking my side.

"It's not me" I say. "It's Megan"

He looks confused, staring at the picture again.

"You can see it on the way she's dressed" I chuckle. "Have you ever seen me wear anything like that?"

Luke smiles, placing the picture on my bed before he slips his arms around me. "I like the way you dress"

"You'd probably like Megan more than you like me" I say, staring at my drawing. "She was more like you"

"I thought we've talked about this? I'm more into girls like you, miss Parker" he smiles, putting his finger under my chin, forcing me to look at him. "I even love you"

I can't stop my face from turning red as he says those three words to me.

"You do, don't you " I chuckle, giving him a small smile.

"Yeah, if I didn't I wouldn't have run like five blocks in this heat just to tell you that with a chance of you not telling me back"

"But I did" I mumble. "I do love you"

"I'm glad" he gives my nose a kiss, before placing himself on my bed. "Now, get dressed! I don't have all day"

I grab a bra before heading towards the door. I turn around to meet Luke's eyes. "Stay!"

He chuckles, but nodding before I disappear towards the bathroom.

In there, I strip my pyjama off. I put on my jeans and bra before grabbing my deodorant. Then I slip on the t-shirt and my blue zip-up hoodie. I reach out for the brush, brushing my hair a bit. When I smell good everywhere, and looks okay, I open the door. I walk towards my bedroom. As I arrive, I can see that he's still placed at the same spot on my bed.

"I'm done" I say, walking towards him to grab my phone on the bed. He stands up, taking my hand in his.

"So, how come you're babysitting that kid?" Asks Luke as he drags me out of the apartment. I lock the door.