Chapter 6

"So.. Landon and Taylor?" Ashton asks as we slowly walks forward.

"Yes! And you've heard lots about them, okay?" I say, causing Ashton to laugh.

"Okay!" He giggles while putting an arm around my shoulder. I shyly smile while looking up at him. It's really hot outside today, but I'm still wearing my ordinary long jeans. I'm wearing a white tee today, and my ordinary green jacket. Ashton is only wearing a t-shirt though, together with some jeans. He's also wearing sunglasses, hiding his soft eyes. It's Saturday, and Ashton have promised to meet Tay and Landon today. We're on our way towards a little café in the middle of London, around half an hour away from where I live.

"Well, we're having a day off tomorrow! Would you like to do something, with me and the boys?" Ashton looks down at me with a small smile. Have mentioned his dimples? Well, they're the cutest thing ever. I remember how jealous I used to be of Ashton when we were little because of the fact that he got really deep and cute dimples while I was just having a.. Boring smile as everyone else.

"Depends on what you're gonna do... I don't want to spend a whole day inside, playing video games with some teenage guys who I don't even know" I mumble.

"But you love video games..?" Ashton looks confused, to be honest, and I let out a small sigh.

"I used to" I say.

"What do you mean with used to? Last time we hang out yo.."

"Well guess what? We haven't hang out for three years, Ash! And during these three years I've lost a sister, a dad, a good education, a house, practically a mother and as if the others weren't enough my very best friend wasn't even there for me! I mean, you called one time after the accident, ONE time, Ashton!" I spit. Ashton stops. He's not used to this version of Destiny. But the old one isn't here anymore, she's gone since a long time now..

"Des.." He starts the sentence but trails off. He looks at me through his sunglasses, and I realise that his dimple is gone.

"I'm sorry.." Is all he manages to say after that. I look down with a sigh.

"A sorry won't make it all better, ash.." I mutter, still quite pissed.

"You can't serious be mad at me, Des! It's not my fault that I live on the other side of the world and that you're never awake when I am" Ashton spits back towards me. I raise an eyebrow.

"Are you serious? Is THAT your excuse? My twin sister died for gods sake, Ashton! I was in the hospital for a month! But I guess you didn't knew that, huh?" My voice starts to get louder.

"Stop being like that, Des! You know that I care about you so much, I always have, and I always will! But it wasn't that easy for me either, you know. I lost one of my best friends" I raise an eyebrow at what he says.

"Can YOU stop being like THAT?" I spit. "You know, I had nobody during that time. Landon and Taylor doesn't understand like you would do! Dad left us and I can't talk to my mom. The least you could have done was giving me a call"

"Stop shouting, Des!" Ashton is trying to shush me down as he looks around, he awkwardly smiles towards an old lady who's staring at us with two suspecting eyes.

"Don't be mad at me..." He mumbles as he takes off his sunglasses. He looks down at me with big eyes while stealing my hand.

"I'm not mad.. I'm just hurted" I whisper before he drags me into a huge hug.

"You can't even imagine how many times I've wanted to place myself on a flight on its way to London. But it's been hard to me too, and I know that it isn't a reason for not even calling you. But..." He travels off again, and I snuggle my face closer into his chest.

"It's okay.. And I'm sorry for shouting at you" I mumble. He laughs, kissing my forehead before releasing me from his arms. It's still quite tense, and I can feel the lump in my throat growing even bigger and bigger. I never use to feel like this around ash, and we have had so much worse fights than this one...

"Well, let's hurry up a little bit. We should have met your best friends five minutes ago" Ashton says and I give him another shy smile, before we start to walk with faster footsteps. It's a bit awkward between us after our little 'fight', but as soon we step through the doors to the café I start to relax. Ashton seems to notice it, and he places a soft hand on my back as I guide ourselves towards the table where Tay and Landon sits.

"Hi guys!" I smile. Both of them looks up towards me.

"Hey, Des!" Taylor smile while standing up. Landon slowly stands up too and they both hug me.

"Taylor, Landon, this is Ashton! Ashton, this is Taylor and Landon" I introduce them all with a smile. Ashton gives them both a polite smile as he shakes their hands.

"Oh, it's so nice to finally meet you, Ashton! I've heard lots about you" Taylor widely smiles. Ashton grins.

"Oh, really? Like what, may I ask?"

We sit down by the little table and both Tay and Landon starts to ask Ash all these questions about him, Australia, his band and, of course, our childhood together.

"Awh, so basically Taylor made you interested in singing and then you ended up in a band and not her?" Taylor giggles while Ashton nods.

"Well, yeah. But we're not like famous or anything. The only thing we actually do is covering songs in YouTube" Ashton admits with a smile.

"Destiny have succeed more than me, she's getting herself an education" he ads with a smile towards me. As I said, I'm not the smiling girl, but I can't help but flash him my tooth's. They continue with the conversation while I'm focusing in being quiet and only listen. Landon is slowly taking part in the discussion and I smile, he isn't the one who opens up himself to strangers - if that's why you can call ash..

"Uhm.. I want a coffee, anyone else?" I carefully ask as I stand up.

"Nah, I'm fine, thanks" Ashton looks up at me with a small smile. Taylor and Landon shakes their heads, and I turn around to go and get my coffee. It takes a while, but when I get back all three of my best friends are laughing together. I sit down with a small smile.

"Soooooooo... What do you think about him?" I ask Landon as he stops. We followed Ashton back to his place, and Taylor left us for some other friends of hers like an hour ago. So it's only me and Landon. We're outside the huge building were I live, and I turn my eyes towards Landon.

"He seems nice" says Landon as he nods.

"He is.." I mumble.

"Well, I need to go. I will talk to you tomorrow before we're going, okay?" Landon drags me in for a hug. I snuggle my nose into the crock of his neck. I love the smell of Landon, to be honest. It's a safe smell. I feel safe with his arms around me..

"Don't go" I mumble. He's going to US to visit his grandparents for the whole summer. I will miss him. But I have Taylor! And now Ash.

"Awh, babe. I'll be back, don't worry" Landon laughs in my ear, and I smile. He always calls me babe, not like in a couple way, but like in a friendship way. In our relationship, babe doesn't mean babe. If that makes any sense..? Anyway, I lean my head back while pressing my body closer to his chest in a tighter hug.

"Take me with youuuu! Away from my mom and this ugly apartment" I beg.

"Well, I wish I could, trust me, Des!" Landon smiles.

"But I need to go now" he releases me from his arms and I nod.

"I will try to come by and say goodbye tomorrow, okay?" He smiles towards me.

"Yeah, but if not - have a good trip, Lan!" I mumble, eventually letting go of his hand. We say goodbye, and I push the door open, and walk inside. As I walk towards the door, I remember mine and Ashton's little 'fight', and the lump in my throat appears again..

___________________________

A/N ~

SORRY FOR A BAD ENDING AND FOR LAZY UPDATES :/ but I was babysitting yesterday, and I was away all day today.. Sorryyyyyy :(

Well, I DO have a plan for the fanfic! Yaay :D

Comments and votes appreciates! :)

Thanks for reading xx