Chapter 41

Luke wraps his arms around my waist as I press my body closer to his chest. He's right. Taylor's right. Everyone's right.. I can't live in fear of getting hurt all the time. It's impossible.
Luke slowly breaks the kiss, leaning his forehead against mine.
"Should I take that as a yes?"
I chuckle, giving his lips a short kiss before I nod.
"I think so..." I mumble. Luke smiles, a big and deep dimpled smile. Just how I like his smiles.
I'm still in his arms, but I'm not really complaining, to be honest.
"You know that I won't hurt you, right?" Mumbles luke.
"I always knew that, Luke. I just... I was just afraid I guess, like you said" I shake my shoulders. "I'm still afraid, to be honest. It won't disappear over one conversation. It will take time"
"I know that" Luke gives my forehead a sweet kiss as I wrap my arms around his body too. I lean my head backwards, letting his lips massage mine once again. Eventually, Luke breaks the kiss again.
"Have someone ever told you what a great kisser you are?" He asks with a playful smile.
"Oh, yes. Lots of guys actually"

"I don't think we should tell ash" I say. Luke looks at me as he frowns.
"Why not?"
"It's Ashton, you know. He would probably kill you or something.. Perhaps getting you kicked out from the band"
Luke laughs.
"You've gotta be kidding with me! It's Ashton we're talking about. He'd probably be really happy to hear that two of his best friends likes eachothers"
"But I'm like a sister to him... He's always been the protective big brother, he won't like it" I say. It still feels a bit... Uhm, weird, to talk about this. About us. Because we are 'us' now. We're Luke and Destiny. We're technically a couple. Even though none of us have said it out loud.. But we are. I think.
"Fine, we'll wait for a while" says Luke eventually. "But we need to tell him sometimes. I don't want to sneak around with it"
"Not me either, but let's just get used to it first, you and me. I think we need to have some time before we tell anyone"
"Okay, that sounds like a good deal" Luke smiles, squeezing my hand softly. It does. It actually sounds perfect. Because Luke's finally in the picture. In my picture.

Luke's lips refuse to let go of mine. I can't really blame him though, he's been waiting for a kiss more than I have.
The kiss is perfect, though. It couldn't be any better. His lips are moving slowly against mine, and his tongue is guiding my own. I guess you could say that he does all the work.
I let my fingers run through his soft, blonde hair, causing Luke to smile. The only thing that's being able to break our kiss is Luke's phone. He sighs. A deep sigh. I chuckle, pressing my face against his chest instead. His hand is still laying on my back as he answer his phone.
"Hello?"
I start to draw small, little things on his chest with my finger. I look up at his face, who's staring at mine with a small blush. He's adorable. I can't even come up with an excuse for me not to want him anymore. He's all I will need to recovery. I can feel it.
"Uhm, I'm just out on a walk with Destiny" says Luke as he looks around himself. I lean on my tiptoes giving his neck a feather light kiss.
"Mhm?" His voice goes all pitchy as he answers, and he tries to swallow hard. I smile, landing back on my normal level again.
"What? Pfft, no..." He coughs, trying to make his voice a bit more masculine. He looks down at me, frowning with a small smile.
"Yeah, I'll be home in like 20"
No. I don't want him to leave me. What if it all just comes back? Everything he just made disappear... All the fears. The fear of letting Luke in. I've let Luke in during this walk. I'm just not sure if I could do it all over again tomorrow, or the day after that...
"Yeah, bye" Luke hangs up, taking my hand in his.
"What a lovely pitchy voice you got there, ms" I poke his side, causing him to chuckle. He eventually gets quiet, staring down at his feet.
"What is it?" I carefully ask.
"I just like it" he mumbles with a shy smile. "This" he squeeze my hand before looking up at me.
"And this" he lets his finger slowly run over my lips. "Everything"
"I'm sorry that I let you wait for so long" I say.
"You had reasons. I'm just glad that you changed your mind"
"You know what?"
He shakes his head.
"I'm glad that I did too"

"W to the freaking hat" squeals Taylor as she starts to jump up and down. "Is he like your boyfriend now?"
"I don't know what we are" I say, taking her arm with a try to calm her down. "But we're not 'just friends' anymore"
"Oh my god, you're gonna be like the cutest couple ever" Taylor starts to ramble on about some random stuff as I lean back in her bed.
"How come you changed your mind?" Tay bumps down beside me.
"He had the cutest little speak ever" I can't help hut smile. "But you were right"
"About what?"
"About everything, and especially this. You, Luke, everyone else. You were right, I can't live in fear of getting hurt"
Taylor lays her arm around my shoulder with a smile.
"I'm glad that you finally realised that. Luke's perfect As your first boyfriend, he's gonna take care of you"
"I know, he's nice"
And he would never hurt me. Again, remember that, Destiny.

___________________________

A/N ~

Sooooo, what do you guys think about duke finally (!) getting like together?

Today question ~

WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS ABOUT DUKE BEING LIKE A THING SLASH TOGETHER?

Anyway, three comments for the next chapter guys :-) I'm sorry if this is annoying, but it really boost me and my writing with all the comments... Witch makes it funnier to write.
It probably won't be a new chapter today, considering I barely will be home. Me and my friends are having a spa today, lol.

Comments and votes appreciates :)

Thanks for reading xx