Chapter 50

I'm making breakfast for me and mom - for like the first time in like forever. She's off work today, and she's still asleep. I may still blame her, but I'm not heartless. She's been working a lot lately, and the stress with dad coming back must take a lot of her energy. So I decided to make her some breakfast. I place the cup of coffee on the table together with her plate filled with some of her favourite things - okay, maybe most of my favourite things...

I walk towards her room, knocking on the door.

"Mom, wake up! I've made breakfast" I say through the closed wooden door.

Not a word.

I knock again. "Mom?"

I open the door, carefully looking inside the room. I quickly close it again, my eyes as huge as basketballs. Euw. I did NOT have to see that. I would have been totally fine without that picture in my head.

What I saw was mom and Chandler, sleeping in each other arms. That's not really what a daughter want to see. Better than finding them doing something else in there though, but still. Euw.

I didn't even knew that he had spent the night.. I quickly walk towards the kitchen again. Euw euw. I sit down by the table, reaching out for moms cup of coffee.

I sit there, staring out the window as I let the hot liquid slip down my throat. I slowly watch the people rush by the small street we live on. She's nearly twelve, so the city is starting to wake up, even though it never really falls asleep. A women with her two little kids, about five and three, are slowly making their way forward. Two little girls, both with blonde ponytails and flower dresses. Their mother has long and brown hair, a slim body but what I can see a tired face. She's holding her daughters in each hand, both of them smiling. A young man in suit are almost running towards the street, trying to catch a cab in his hurry to get back to work.

My thoughts are being interrupted by my phone ringing. I reach out for it, looking at the screen. It's Ashton.

"Hi, Ashton!" I happily say as I answer the phone.

"Hello, Des" chuckles Ashton. "We've got a question for you"

"We?" I raise an eyebrow.

"Mhm, me, Michael and Calum"

Not Luke, huh?... I bite my lip, afraid what the question might be about. "Uhm, okay?..."

"Who's Luke's secret girlfriend?" Asks Ashton, causing my eyes to grow big.

"Excuse me?" How could he tell them he has a girlfriend? I thought we agreed in telling them together?...

"Yeah, he always hangs out with his new 'friends' who he met through you, but we think he's having a girlfriend but he just won't tell us" says Michael.

"Oh" I mumble. "I think you'll like her"

"How does she looks then?" Wonders Calum.

I'm quite irritated by my boyfriend right now. He shouldn't have told them that he has a girlfriend, even though he didn't said a name. "Brown hair is all I know. I don't really know her" I mumble. "I've only met the friends I introduced to Luke, to be honest"

"Luke's got a girlfriend, Luke's got a girlfriend" sings Michael as I can hear him laugh.

"You'll have to introduce us to her soon, will you?" Says Ashton towards what I guess is Luke.

"There is no girl" mutters Luke.

-

I'm out walking with Taylor. I just felt like getting some fresh air, you know? Actually, I was just tired of mom and chandler. The two of them giggling in the kitchen, kissing and whispering like two teenagers. Chandler spent one more night, and I just can't stand then anymore. They make me sick, ugh.