Chapter 16

Alex is nice. He's mostly like me, and I could need a friend who really understands me now. I'm reading one of the books I've found while he's writing on his paper. His paper sucks. I'm not even joking, it's terrible.. Apparently he knows Taylor. Or at least knows who she is. They're having math together. So now I can feel safe, when I know that he's not some kind of psychotic murderer. I look up, and I meet his eyes. So he's been starting at me.. He smiles. I think he's been smiling like 99% of the time since we met.

"Are you always smiling this much?" I ask.

"Well, yeah" he chuckles. "I think"

He turn his eyes away, glancing at the clock who's hanging on one of the big, brown walls.

"A, shit" he says, standing up. I look at him.

"Let me guess, you've gotta go?"

"Yeah.. I'm sorry"

"Don't be! But it was nice meeting you, Alex. Thank you for stalking me so that we could start talking" I say with a little smile. He laughs. A quiet one, of course. We're in the library.

"Say hi to Taylor from me, will you?"

"Of course!" I say. With another smile he's about to turn around, but he stops. Carefully biting his lip.

"Hey, Des?"

"Yes, Alex?"

"Could I.. Uhm, could I maybe get your number? You know, so we can be friends. I mean, it was nice talking to you and..."

"Yes you can" I chuckle as i interrupt him. I reach out for his phone, adding my number to his contacts.

"We're already friends, by the way" I say as I hand him his phone with a smile.

I'm walking around in London. It's way to sunny to go home and spend my day inside. I'm near a little park. I stop myself as I look at the little kids running around, playing with eachother. Their mommies and daddies who's sitting on either bench or a picnic plaid and proudly smiling as they watch their kids. I can see a few dogs too. A little white Labrador puppy are trying to run after some kids with its clumsy little legs. Another dog, a brown and much bigger one, are trying to drink from the little lake in the middle if the park. The dog ends up in the water, and I can't help but smile when the dog starts to chase two screaming little kids.

"DESTINY!"

My thoughts are being interrupted by someone shouting my name. I turn around, and I smile starts to play on my lips as I see who it is. Luke's waving towards me with a huge smile, and I raise my own hand to wave back as he comes closer. He's still smiling as he arrives in front of me.

"I've been looking everywhere for you!" He says.

"You have?" I sound surprised. I am surprised. Why would he look for me?

"Yeah, your mom told me you would be at this library, so he told me the way to get there. When I got there, you weren't there. So I kinda just started looking for you" he shakes his shoulder. I look at my phone. She's way over lunch time, so Luke must have stopped by while she was home. I'm having two missed calls from here. I let the phone slide down in my back pocket again.

"Why would you wanna look for me?" I ask.

"Oh.. Uhm.. Well..." He doesn't seem to know what to say as he drags a hand through his hair.

"Ashton?" I guess. He nods.

"I'm sorry. But he's devastated, Destiny. I know that you probably don't want to hear it, but it's not easy to say no when the dude is crying on his bare knees"

"Crying? Why would he cry? And what could you have said no to?" I ask with a very confused voice.

"He begged me to talk to you, since you're not answering any of his tries to take contact with you" Luke says.

"Why did he ask you then? If you actually didn't want to? I mean he could've asked Calum or Michael"

"Apparently I'm the one who gets along the best with you out of us three" he chuckles.

"Well, I won't change my mind about Ashton... But since you took your time to find me, how about some coffee?" I suggest, giving him a weak smile. He nods.

"Sure! Why not. But why coffee? It's so hot outside, I'll buy you an ice cream!"

"You don't need to buy me anything, Luke! I've got my own money" to my surprise, I'm letting out a small giggle.

"What about like frozen yoghurt then?"

"We can decide on our way there! C'mon now" I smile.

"How come you've never tasted vegemite?" Luke stares at me in shook as I start to giggle. "You've known ash your whole life and you have t tasted vegemite? That's not even possible"

"What is it even?"

"You put it on a sandwich! What are you.. British people putting on your sandwiches then?" He reaches out for his smoothie. We eventually decided to take a smoothie inside this cafeteria. It's barely no one there, thank god. I hate people. Especially people I don't know. I took a strawberry one, and Luke some weird thing with lots of fruits in it.

"Does that even taste good?" I ask, raising an eyebrow at the liquid in his mug. He hands me his smoothie.

"Try it"

I do try it. And it was terrible. Euw...

"No euw. Luke that was disgusting!" I hand him his drink. We both burst out in laughter. When we've finally calmed ourself down, he leans back in his chair.

"You never answered my question" he comments as he carefully studies my face.

"What question?"

"The one about sandwiches"

"Oh.. I don't know.. Butter?" I giggle at my answer, but Luke looks dead serious.

"Destiny... Stop fooling around, this is a very serious and important question" he says.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't realise" I chuckle. I haven't even notified the fact that both me and Luke are leaning forward over the table. I stare him right in the eyes as I give him my answer.

"Cheese"

We burst into a loud laughter. Again.

___________________________

A/N ~

New update, whoop whoop.

Today's question ~

Is Ashton right? Is Luke the one who Destiny have had the deepest connection with? Is it good or wrong with them being friends?

Comments and votes appreciates :)

Thanks for reading xx