Chapter 71

Luke's perspective ~

I stare at the... Thing in my hand.

"Do you like it?" Destiny asks. I look at her, she smiles at me, her head is easily tilting to the side. I can't tell her the truth, she'd be crushed...

"I... I love it" I say, forcing a smile. She squeals, standing up.

"Yay" she says, sounding more like a girl than ever before. Her arms find their way around me from behind. "I'm glad"

"Mhm..." I look at it. It's a book. A big book. I've never heard of it, and the title is simply stupid.

"I've read it lot of times, it's really good" she says, excited.

"I bet..." I mumble.

She stays quiet for a while, before sighing. "You don't like it!"

I spin around, facing her disappointed face. "I love it!"

"No you don't!" Her grips around me looses as her shoulders lowers. "You hate it"

"Hate is a very strong word" I point out as she bumps down on the edge of her bed.

"It's not my fault you refused to tell me what you wanted though" she pouts a bit, and I chuckle.

"I might not be the reading type of guy, but I guess I can give it a chance" I say, placing myself next to her.

"You really don't need to" she mumbles, glancing at me.

"I promise to try" I say, putting my arm around her shoulder. "Now, I have a question for you"

"What is it?"

"If you'd like to come over to our house tonight" I say. "Like, we have the rest of the week off and well, would you like to come over? The boys miss you"

"Well, I guess I can squeeze you in" she says, making me chuckle.

-

I drop her bag on my bedroom floor. She's staying the night. She saw Chandler coming over and since I saw how disgusted she looked, I suggested she'd stay over the night.

"Where's the boys?" She asks, closing the door as she steps inside after me.

"Michael and Ashton went grocery shopping - we're out of food" I say. "I don't know about Calum though"

"I'm sorry if it's a trouble with me staying" she says, looking through some of my CDs I've brought.

"It's not a problem at all" I say, grabbing her by the waist and placing my chin on her shoulder. I give her a feather light kiss behind the ear. But I don't go any further down or so, not after having Destiny's dad threatening to 'break me' if I crush her. Therefore, I've decided not to let this relationship go any further until we've made it through the tour. Then, I'll be sure that it won't break that fast.

"That's it?" Destiny asks, a bit surprised. "A kiss behind the ear?"

"Yeah?" I say, a grin forming on my face. "What did you expect?"

"I-"

"LUKE COME FAST THERE'S A SPIDER IN HERE!" It's Calum. Screaming like a girl.

Destiny giggles, before taking my hand, dragging me towards his voice.

"HURRY! IT'S BEHIND THE TOILET NOW"

We arrive in the bathroom, finding Calum. Standing one the toilet with a roll of toilet paper.

Destiny's perspective ~

"Stop yelling" Luke says, trying to act all cool and manly in front of me. "It's just a little spider"