Chapter 21

"And I'm sorry for hitting you..." I mumble, staring at the floor.

"It's okay"

I look up at Ashton, who's giving me a huge smile. He carefully open his arms, and I take a step forward. He wraps his arm around my body.

"I know you didn't mean to hurt me. And I know that I should have told you" he says.

"But it was wrong hurting you like that. And besides, it's my dad's fault anyway. He told you not to tell me" I mumble. We're in the boys' - Ashton, Calum, Michael and Luke - house. Luke forced me. I'm glad he did though, because he was right. I was unfair towards Ashton. Ash told me why he didn't told me. Apparently my dad had asked him not too, since he wanted to do it himself some day. Ashton just didn't thought if would be this soon, that dad would appear from nowhere and turn everyone's life upside down. But I can't just forget the fact that Ashton lied. I'm quite afraid that nothing ever will be the same between us. It probably won't, because I can't stand people who lies. And even if he had a reason, I can't just forget it and then move on with my horrible life like nothing ever happened.

"I'm glad you decided to talk to me, Des" Ashton says as we end our hug.

"You should thank Luke though, he finally succeed with convincing me" I mumble. Luke... I haven't had the chance to talk to him about.. Uhm, the thing that happened. He was with the boys the two following days after it happened. But when we finally got the chance to hang out, he just pretended like it never happened. I don't know, maybe he's a bit embarrassed? Anyway, I didn't brought it up either. Kissing Luke was wrong, and if he doesn't want to talk about it then fine. I really don't mind. It's been almost a week, but it feels just like yesterday... I can still see his dimple smile as we ended the kiss. All I did was staring. His smile had slowly faded away as he realised what just happened. I remember mumbling something about we should get going. We walked in silence, barely said a word to eachother. I really don't know, maybe I did hurt him? No, that's not possible. Anyway, he convinced me yesterday to talk with Ashton. He brought me here this morning to talk to ash. He and the other boys are in some other room, letting me and ash talking alone in the kitchen.

"Oh, I will!" Ashton smiles. "I'm glad I asked him though, he told me you've come eachother quite close"

I stare at him.. Did Luke really told him? About the kiss? I'm surprised that Ashton isn't furious or something.. That he's taking this so easy.. I mean, one of his very best friends and his... Well best friend combined with some kind of sister.

"Oh... So.. Uhm, so he told you? Luke told you?" I ask. Ashton raise an eyebrow.

"Yeah?... Why wouldn't he? You've become good friends, I think it's good that you like my friends" he slowly says. What a relief! Luke didn't told him.

"Oh.. Well, I don't know what I meant.. I just... I just thought that you maybe.." I travel off. "Never mind.." I mutter. No need to bring it up is he's not aware about what happened.

"So, you need to tell me! Have my dad changed anything? Since we were kids I mean"

There's an awkward silence around the table. I stare at my food. We're eating lasagna. And with 'we' I mean me, my mom and her boyfriend. Chandler... Ugh. Mom and Chandler have discussed their jobs all dinner, but I just ignored them. I don't like the fact that my mom is having a boyfriend. She's way too old for that. And I really don't like coming home and finding her making out with him. If they continue ill probably start getting nightmares again... I realise that it's my turn to start talking,

"I talked to Ashton today" I mumble. Mom looks up, staring at me.

"You did? Destiny, that's great!" She smiles.

"Yeah I kind of forgave him"

"Kind of?"

"Well... He still lied, even though dad told him not to tell me and.."

"What? Your dad? Tell me!" Mom interrupts me with huge eyes.

"Yeah Ashton told me why he didn't told me" I say, "Apparently it was dad who convinced him not too, he said that he wanted to tell me himself. Why he left and where he lived. Ashton just didn't knew that he would come while he and the boys were here, you know?"

Mom is slowly nodding, and I glance towards Chandler. He looks quite confused.

"Well he shouldn't have come at all" mom mutters, turning her eyes to her food. I'm surprised over her words, I thought she was thrilled over the fact that dad was back in our life.

"Uhm... I thought you and Destiny's father was divorced?" Chandler's voice is low and calm as he looks at my mom.

"Oh, we are!" Mom mutters. "He left when we lost Megan, you know, I told you about her. Anyway, it's been two test and he just showed up in my office one day, begging to talk to Destiny"

"And Ashton?"

"He's a childhood friend to des, we've always known his family. They're living in Australia since Ashton and Destiny were little, and so is Destiny's dad. But we didn't knew"

I'm amazed that she's actually letting him know so much about our past, she's never letting anyone in. I guess I'm like her in that part. I've always been, even before Megan's past away. I've always been shy, but I'm just shy in another way now. In a more... I don't know, hard way? Anyway, mom leads the conversation in another direction, and they're soon talking about going to the beach or not... I'll pass.

___________________________

A/N ~

I know I'm late and that it's a short chapter. I know that most of my chapters are short, and that they're quite boring.. But there's so much going on in my life right now that I'm loosing some inspiration for the chapters. I have an idea for the whole story, but not for every single chapter.

Anyway, Destiny forgave - kind of, like she would say - Ashton! And Luke convinced her, way. They didn't talk about the kiss though, good or bad? Was it a mistake or not? Hahaha

Today's question ~

Like I said, Destiny forgave ash. Good or bad? Right or wrong choice?

Comments and votes appreciates :)

Thanks for reading x