Chapter 25

Luke takes a grip around my wrist the same second as I'm placing my hand on the door.

"We need to take the back door, you might not believe it, but we actually have some fans out there" Luke gives me a small smile, and I slowly nod. Paralysed by his hands on my skin.

Luke leads me through a few rooms, and we eventually reach the door. His hands are still wrapped around my wrist, but I can't complain. His hands are warm and soft.

The sun is shining bright, and Luke smiles again. He let's go of my hand - unfortunately - before looking around himself.

"Where would you like to go?" He asks. I shake my shoulders.

"It really doesn't matter" as long as I'm walking with you... How I wanted to say that last part. But I can't. Because we're friends, and that's what I've wanted since he kissed me. That's what we decided after I kissed him. That we're friends. I'm so dumb though, because I could have had Luke. Luke could have been mine, I could've been Luke's. I had the chance, but I blew it away. Great.

We start walking, side by side. The weather is lovely! Just perfect.

"How about ice cream?" Luke looks down at me - yes, he looked down at me, he's so tall - with a smile. I slowly nod.

"Sure. Why not?"

-

"So how's your song going?" Luke asks, handing me my ice cream. I take it with a smile. Mm, strawberry. My favourite.

"Not too good, to be honest. I wish I would come up with some kind of idea" I sigh as we place ourselves on a bench.

"Yeah, I guess my idea didn't work then?" Luke taste his ice cream as he speaks. He choosed liquorice.

"I'm not in love with anyone, Luke" I mumble, "And I haven't got my heart broken. It might work for a songwriter like you, but not for me"

"I bet you'll find something to write about! Don't worry, hun" Luke pats my knee with a friendly smile. Hun. I wonder if he realises the butterflies he creates in my tummy...

"Like who?" I mumble. Luke gets quiet for a bit.

"What about Leslie?" he suggests. I look at him.

"Who's Leslie?"

"Wasn't your friend named Leslie..?"

"Landon" I correct him with a small chuckle.

"Oh, okay. So what about Landon, then?"

"Landon?"

"Yeah, I'd totally ship the two of you!" Luke smiles again as he speaks. "Lestiny"

"lestiny?"

"Yeah, like Bradgelina"

"You're weird, Luke" I giggle together with him, and I once agan get that wonderful feeling in my stomach. It's weird, the feelings I get when I just look at Luke's face... I've never.. I've never felt like this before. I don't even know, but... I'm not supposed to act like this. I mean, I'm the girl with no emotions. I'm the girl who's supposed to be rude to everyone. I'm Destiny, and I'm not supposed to feel like this.

Luke smiles widely as the girl points her phone towards them. There's a few more girls surrounding him, all of them waiting for him to take a photo with them or sign a arm or two. I've never seen anyone of the guys with their fans, not even Ash, so it feels quite weird with all the giggling girls. But Luke looks satisfied.

"Luke, could I have a hug?"

I look up. The girl who asked for a hug is... well, flawless. She's wearing shorts and a band tee. She's skinny with a easy tan, and her blonde hair is in perfect curls. Her face is beautiful, and I can tell by Luke's face that he thinks the same.