Chapter 13

School ends tomorrow. Maybe it's that's why I'm in such a good mood? Or maybe it's because Ashton just pizza.. I don't know, to be honest.

"So how is it living in Australia?" I wonder, with my mouth full of pizza.

"Sunny" says Michael.

"Warm" Calum takes another slice of pizza in his hands as he answers.

"Sweaty" Luke shakes his shoulders.

"So it's sunny, warm and sweaty?" I ask them. They all nod. "It's the same thing!"

"No it's not.." Ashton turns his eyes towards mine. "It's three whole different words, Des. You don't need to sweat just because it's warm and sunny, and you don't need to be in the sun to be warm and sweaty!"

I just raise an eyebrow at what he says, as he starts to giggle at himself.

"You're so weird, ash" he playfully hits my arm as I tell him, and I smile. We're sitting outside, in the grass at the boys little backyard. Have I mentioned that they have a pool too? No? Oh, okay. Well, they do. Anyway, Ashton picked me up from school today. We drove and got some pizza before he drove us to their place. I like these guys. They're really funny, and so kind. They're weird, but who isn't really?

"I know! But what would life really be if everyone was just normal and boring?" Ashton looks at me with a small grin.

"Boring?" I guess, causing him to giggle once again. My phone vibrates loudly, and I reach out for my bag, searching for my phone. I find it. It's Landon who jut sent me a text. I quickly reply, before looking up again.

"So how's London?" Luke looks at me with a smile as he asks the same question I asked them a few moments ago. Have I mentioned how cute his smile really is?...

"Oh, you know.. It's.. Uhm.. Big?" I'm not sure what to say, and he laughs.

"Big?"

"Well yeah.. I don't know what to say"

"How about beautiful?" He suggests, with another dimple smile. I don't know why, but when he says beautiful... The way he looks at me.. It feels like he's talking about me, and my whole body fills with warmth. I look him right in his eyes as I reply.

"Yeah... Beautiful is absolutely the right word to describe it" I can't help it. I really can't.. But I'm talking about him. Luke, the blonde haired guy who smiles towards me. I'm indirecting him, and I can't help it. I think he realises it.

"So.. Destiny, what's the best thing about London then?" It's Calum's voice, and I'm forced to move my eyes away from Luke. I can feel Ashton staring at me from his spot beside me. My eye contact with Luke was quite obvious, huh?

"I don't know. I don't really like london, to be honest" I shake my shoulders, taking a bite of the pizza slice. Calum looks surprised, and so does the rest of the boys. Even ash.

"Uhm.. Why not?"

"This town has way too many of my memories. Actually, all of them. And it hurts me to be reminded of them every time I step outside of the door" I look up at Ashton as he puts his arm around my shoulder. "I don't like my memories, since it brings me pain. So I guess I'm just disliking the town too."

"All of them?" Ash quietly asks. I can see the pain in his eyes as I give him my answer.

"Yeah. All of them"

"Are you being serious?!" I snap towards my mom.

"Destiny. He's your dad, and he'd like to invite the two of us out for dinner. Can you please stop acting like that for one night and just try to behave?" My mom sounds tired, as usual.